New to the game, looking for mods to try and opinions

Hi im new to KSP and have mastered building in stock KSP. I dont really know how to play the game properly as i cant figure out how to do intercepts and to plot a course. I have no issues getting huge irregular crafts into orbit with some extra fuel.

I've seen videos of KSP and some impressive mods like being able to resize parts, fuel priority, scripting. I'd like to know what mods are highly recommended to try and what major mods dont work with the current game version.

I'd also like an opinion on an irregular spaceship i built using only stock KSP. It gets into orbit although with a long nuclear thruster burn.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B01oBAU-nNuMaGNudGd3N01zNGc/view

How about pics of the ship? Those are easier for people to examine than downloading and flying your ship. 

I play mostly stock and so can't give you mod advice, but someone will be along shortly with that, I'm sure. 

Welcome to the forum. :D

Resizing parts, you are probably thinking of TweakScale though there are a few others.  Fuel Priority is all controllable through stock now, no need for mods.  "Scripting" can mean many things.  Module Manager is a scripting language for KSP which primary focus is editing existing fields hidden in code.  Contract Configuration, obviously lets you script out contracts.  kOS is an in-game scripting autopilot.

• 2 weeks later...

how about Procedural Parts it would say that it is incompatiable but it does work with v1.2.2 

also if you want to adjust wings try Procedural Wings (Note : read the manual) they also work with v1.2.2

Also if you are having trouble with Orbital Maneuvers , Rendozovus , Intercepts and more i recommend MechJeb it works with v1.2.2 as well

Also , Welcome to the forums :)

heres the MechJeb Link and others:

Mechjeb : https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/mechjeb

Edited by Space_taco

On 28. 4. 2017 at 9:47 PM, BogusDionysus48 said:

System Error Message, I have one question... Do you have any tips for sstos? Because I absolutely suck at making them. :D And that thing looks like a great one!

Sincerely Bogus,

If you really need good tips ask @AeroGav. He is something like SSTO god to me.

Also for mods I like Kaboom mod, it is kerbal problem saver

Edited by Numerlor

For mod search i realy like to give you this:

And great helpers for construction are Kerbal Enginier Redux, Editor Extension Redux, RCSBuild Aid, Correct COL...

And many many more...

Look in the Thread above fot infotmation, VAB/SPH and autopilot modes.

Welcome to the forums

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

I would Use Hyperedit, (always, for when you get bored or want to add some EC to your probe core) and extra-planetary launchpads, because you can build rockets of planet (using it on minmus, then going to expand to all of solar system). There are plenty of other awesome mods out there, like KAS (kerbal Attachment system) and KIS (Kerbal inventory system) which are super fun to build bases with!

-oh, and KER (kerbal engineer redux) can be helpful for getting your delta V stats and landings.

Edited by Vinhero100

On 2017-04-30 at 1:22 PM, Numerlor said:

If you really need good tips ask @AeroGav. He is something like SSTO god to me.

Also for mods I like Kaboom mod, it is kerbal problem saver

I'll have to ask him. Thanks!

I play on Xbox so I can't use mods, but then again I wouldn't if I could. 

:)

Sincerely Bogus,

Edited by SinisterSonar

Many people like Mechjeb Autopilot, it can either do it itself or give you instructions on where to point and how long to burn (And gives you all the data KER does). KIS + KAS. Fixing things in space is easier than launching a whole new rocket. Extra planetary launchpads lets you build things off-planet. Very useful with KIS. Lastly, @Angel-125. All his mods are great.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...