The Shipbuilder's Guild

Triop

Ahoy ye deckswabbers !

Do ya have sea legs ? Or a wooden one and a eyepatch, parrot on the shoulder and a hook for a hand ?

Yes ?

Then this is the place for you !

Impress us with your floaty tubs and make our mothers proud, show us your mighty beast that can take on the rough *kuch*, seas of Kerbin.

qfwiyzu.png

Arrrrrh...

I will proudly start with my hydrofoil racer.

0eu1ZEh.png

Craftfile: https://kerbalx.com/Triop/Hydrofoil-racer-X

Now show us your boats :cool:

Edited by Triop

47 minutes ago, Brent Kerman said:

I'm seeing some neat vehicle transports here, and want to know how you have vehicles on them. A kraken attack sent my A3B Heavy tank out of the solar system when I loaded from tracking station.

I use the winch from the KAS mod to secure my vehicles ("docked"mode).

Decouplers or docking ports will also do the trick.

Or use the claw..

FjSsBQE.png

Edited by Triop

2017-04-17%2017-10-40.png

I've got this carrier, the KSS Haven III. Too lazy to restart get a direct picture since my game crashed due to some weird bug in which my carrier would disappear when I got within 200m, and then lag would slowly build up.

Anyways, her landing deck is 140m long by 18m wide, and she's got about 480m2 of parking area on the wings (the side parts). Her 5 Goliath powerplants take her up to an impressive speed of [CLASSIFIED], with a service radius of [TOP SECRET].

Unfortunately, due to aforementioned bug + crash, I do not know how many of my planes can land on it in FAR. I know most of my fighters were able to land on it easily in stock aero, and I even managed to accidentally land a STOL cargo plane on its baby sister, the KSS Haven I (which was only 100m long), though the Haven I was damaged when that plane dragged its tail on takeoff.

I have some other ships, including patrol boats, tankers, and hydroplanes hanging around in a save in a previous version of KSP. In the current version I have a mostly finished drillship, but as you may or may not have seen in the WIP thread a while back, the Kraken seems to have identified the pipes as ramen noodles.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rage Runner is an Offshore Oilfield Transportation Vessel AKA a Crewboat. This craft build would need so much more detail to be an actual replica of a crewboat. This is similar to one I operated when working as a Captain Offshore during the 80's & 90's, it was named the Mr. Blake. You can see it here with details  and here is a Video of other Vessels for the same company as the Mr. Blake. The name Rage Runner got it's name from the often times I was unhappy about how Companies handle their business with these Vessels, including Coast Guard Regulations. 

N2WHFRP.png

More here

Driving, sailing and flying double-decked aircraft carrier with "Catapusht" and elevator. Stock.

Heavy cruiser using my own mod WW2 Warships:

Cargo ship, 200m. long using my other mod Big Ships.

Stock super yacht.

Modern ship using another one of my mods: Real Ships.

Identity crises?

Higgins class PT boat, decked out with a full interior, fully stock!

YALd2s3.gif

A British WWI Admiralty M class destroyer replica, with a ton of mods.

While I never finished it due to a host of issues, I undertook a massive replica project of the Battle of the Denmark Strait. In descending order, Prinz Eugen, Bismarck (armed with a catapult fighter, no less), Hood, and Prince of Wales.

CompassionateMeaslyIntermediateegret.gif

S5q2PBf.png

Lastly, my recreation of the Battle Between Kormoran and the HMAS Sydney.

I think this one will go in the 'tub' category. It thoroughly answers the question: "If SRBs are so great, why not use them for everything!"

subsubsub.jpg

When they unveiled their Intercontinental Ballistic Submarine concept at a trade show a few years back, the folks from Krunk Works got laughed right out of the room! Miffed and flustered, they vowed to build all future submarines secretly inside a featureless building on a remote and unmarked dock. No one has seen or heard a Krunk Works submarine since, and when approached for comment, their president cracked a wry grin and responded "That's the point."

Edited by Cunjo Carl

2 hours ago, Azimech said:

@TriopNice! But ... what's wrong with the Claw? This way it could be 100% stock.

Nothing, I've used it before:

FjSsBQE.png

But for this project I'm using KAS so I can also refuel vessels, something that is not easy with the claw... ^_^

9 hours ago, Triop said:

Nothing, I've used it before:

FjSsBQE.png

But for this project I'm using KAS so I can also refuel vessels, something that is not easy with the claw... ^_^

Depends on a specific difficulty setting ;-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.