mod for engines that use real fuel ?

Is there a mod that replaces stock engines with engines that use the kind of propellant you can find in mods like Real Fuels (liquid hydrogene, liquid oxygen in place of Fuel and Oxydizer, or hydrazine in place of Monopropellant) ?

I thought Real Fuels would do that, but it provides only the fuel tanks, not different engines (or am i doing it wrong ?)

Also, i heard mods like Kerbalism or Realism Overhaul can do this, but they come with many other functionalities I don't want. If possible, I want only the engines.

The main reason is I am contemplating to start a new carreer campaign using, among other mods, Interstellar Extended. KSPI-E lets you use real fuels in top tier engines and provides ISRU solutions for extracting them, but you have to start your carreer with stock engines, fuel and oxydizer. It somewhat feels cheap until you do the transition, and requires having double the number of ISRU facilities in order to provide both kind of fuel (Which is in no way a criticism of KSPI-E).

On 4/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, kermand said:

I thought Real Fuels would do that, but it provides only the fuel tanks, not different engines (or am i doing it wrong ?)

the Real Fuels thread has a note saying "You NEED an engine pack in order for Engines/RCS to use the new fuels."  Post two of the thread has a comprehensive set of instructions for how to initiate engine packs with RF:

Otherwise check in on the RF thread and I'm sure people or OP will be able to help you.  Good luck!

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet

• 1 month later...

Real Fuels + Community Resource Pack, + extract RO's engine configs and use any part pack they support.  Most of the dependencies are not actually required if you want to leave them out.  For instance Deadly reentry or FAR can be left out.  You probably need Realplume though.

The stock engines are effectively just overbuilt, electric pumped, Re-ignitable Aerozine50+NTO fueled engines.  RCS is closest modeled after Hydrazine across heated catalyst.

All that said realistic motors and tanks are overpowered for Kerbin and other x1 scale planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.