Theories on Snokes Identity

MiffedStarfish

Hello! With the new episode 8 teaser out, and Star Wars once again being talked about, I'd like to know everyone's opinions and theories on Snoke's Identity. Here is my theory:

At the end of episode three Vader is shown to have completely recovered in his new body. The film makes it seem like that happened in a few hours, but he was on the edge of dying, any operation like that would take a month at least. My theory is the emperor got scared of Vader dying midway through his "resurrection" and had a clone of anakin/Vader grown for "spare parts," and that clone is snoke. That's why they have near identical injuries, snokes being worse, as the parts of Vaders tissue too damaged to regrow were replaced and transplanted from an intact snoke, explaining why snokes injurys are missing parts of the tissue, while Vaders are oddly shallow and are a lighter colour of skin. You'll also notice that Vaders right cheek looks scarred, and slightly deformed, like it doesn't fit quite right, and a different colour, while snoke IS MISSING HIS CHEEK ON THAT SIDE. explaining the injuries. After the operation, snoke was probably frozen in carbonite somewhere on Corscant, in case Vaders injuries got worse and he needed new tissue, but they never did. A frozen snoke would then have been forgotten about after the destruction of the second Death Star, and found by a young Ben Solo, who unfroze him and trained with him in secret, believing snoke could make him more powerful, up until Kylo, under his influence destroyed the Jedi school and set the events of episode VII in place.

Feel free to rip this to shreds, the ending part with Ben finding him is a bit iffy especially. Please post your theories here, or comment on mine or other people's, but please don't get agressive.

For moderators, I checked everything under 2.2 In the rules, and I don't think this topic includes anything that would classify as something in that section, but please correct me if this is wrong.

Umm. Yes? The reason it's copy and pasted is that I messaged this to a friend and then had the idea of this thread, and couldn't be bothered rewriting it. I have seen some videos on YouTube in my suggestions titled OMG! SNOKE IS A CLON OF ANKIN! And suchlike, but never actually watched any, it may be similar to some other theories, but that was unintentional.

9 hours ago, max_creative said:

But if Han Solo was the first carbonite test, how was Snoke frozen in carbonite? 

Also, if he's Vader, how many Dresteriods need to be thrown at him to kill him? :D

Han was frozen to test the makeshift facility at Cloud City to make sure it would not harm Luke. Vader planned to take him to Palpatine in carbonite so they could together turn Luke to the dark side.

Why would a clone have injuries? Jedi was ~34 years ago (and however many years the new movies claim to be from that point, but just based on the aging of actors, something at least that long). So a Vader clone would be a 34 year old, with no injuries, unless he got some new ones. So he'd look like the guy who played him in the prequels... about now.

11 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

My theory is the emperor got scared of Vader dying midway through his "resurrection" and had a clone of anakin/Vader grown for "spare parts," and that clone is snoke. That's why they have near identical injuries, snokes being worse, as the parts of Vaders tissue too damaged to regrow were replaced and transplanted from an intact snoke, explaining why snokes injurys are missing parts of the tissue, while Vaders are oddly shallow and are a lighter colour of skin. You'll also notice that Vaders right cheek looks scarred, and slightly deformed, like it doesn't fit quite right, and a different colour, while snoke IS MISSING HIS CHEEK ON THAT SIDE. explaining the injuries.

@tater Did you read this bit? The injuries would be due to tissues being transplanted to Vader to replace tissue, leaving snoke with similar injuries. As for the age, snoke, as a clone would have had been grown at a highly accelerated rate, like the clone soldiers, to have similar ages of cells for transplanting, and would then have aged normally, until being frozen in carbonite, basically freezing his ageing up until being thawed, leaving him around 70-85ish biological age I think. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

My theory is that Vader was always two people, Anakin, and Vader. Two different people. Anakin was the one brought back by Luke at the end of Episode VI, but when he died,  both became force ghosts, Vader represented the ugly side, and Anakin represented the good. It makes sense then that Vader's force ghost would retain the injured appearance with the injuries even worse, whereas Anakin's force ghost as we saw at the end of Episode VI was fully human.

It is possible that Snoke is really the force ghost of Darth Vader.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.