I can't seem to get this loaded.

Here's what i'm talking about:

I've dried them both having docking ports, i've tried fiddling it into the internal attachment points in the cargo bay, nothing works. It's a frustating process. How can I get it in?

Side-question, on mac, how do you zoom in/out?

rCxi72G.png

46 minutes ago, Dcseal said:

I've dried them both

Good, rockets (and electricians) are like cats, they hate getting wet.

46 minutes ago, Dcseal said:

How can I get it in?

*resists temptation of lewd innuendo*
I take it that payload is a subassembly? If so, before you save the subassembly you must make the part you want to attach it by (the octo girder I assume) the root part, then when you load the subassembly it will have an attachment node there.

As for zoom: Scrollwheel or Numpad +/- on any platform, IIRC. If you have one of those strange Mac rodents with a totally inadequate number of buttons, you should probably get a better one. Macs are weird.

Edited by steve_v

20 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I take it that payload is a subassembly? If so, before you save the subassembly you must make the part you want to attach it by (the octo girder I assume) the root part, then when you load the subassembly it will have an attachment node there.

As for zoom: Scrollwheel or Numpad +/- on any platform, IIRC. If you have one of those strange Mac rodents with a totally inadequate number of buttons, you should probably get a better one. Macs are weird.

I still have no clue how people work without Numpad.

About @topic, small correction to the above - you can re-root even unattached part while it's semi-transparent. No need to change subassembly.

Edited by The Aziz

25 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

you can re-root even unattached part while it's semi-transparent. No need to change subassembly.

Hmm, odd that i have never tried that. Suspect old habits from before re-root tool was a thing. Thanks.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:16 PM, steve_v said:

Good, rockets (and electricians) are like cats, they hate getting wet.

*resists temptation of lewd innuendo*

I love your sense of humor, and thanks for the help. I do have one of those weird rodents and I'll try to fix it later. Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.