Science Jr and Mystery Goo: Scientist Warning

This is just a quick little question I have, that is more of a little annoyance for me. When extracting experiment results from a Science Jr or a Mystery Goo, the notification pops up every dang time asking for confirmation due to the lack of ability to reuse the module without a scientist. This is especially annoying when extracting said module using a scientist. Just wondering if there is a way to disable this notification, as I could not find any methods through a Google search.

Thanks.

I created Issue #14922 and threw a bug report on the tracker for this.  I'm just guessing that the issue exists on all platforms, but you're right in that it really does need to go.  The warning made a lot of sense back when the only way to reset those experiments was with a mobile lab, but now that we can send Scientists to do it instead, a one-time warning with a 'Don't Show Again' checkbox is the best way to continue.

I appreciate that mods to gather science for you (thus bypassing the warning entirely) exist, but I like the gameplay aspects of having a scientist climb out to gather experimental observations.  The warning breaks immersion, but an auto-sampler denies it entirely--and in any case, this kind of thing ought to be handled in stock, if for no other reason than to help the console players.  The mods fix the gameplay problem of the science grind, but at the core of it, this is really a UI problem.

To wit, a lot of the spaceplane addicts would raise a tiff if the high-timewarp warning appeared, with no option to cancel future warnings, every time they flew; this is really no different.

2 hours ago, Zhetaan said:

The mods fix the gameplay problem of the science grind, but at the core of it, this is really a UI problem.

Actually I'd say if the mods fix something then the game have a problem. If there is a problem it should be solved by developers instead of the community.

Auto-samplers are ok if you feel Bob Kerman may be well trained enough to know when to run the experiments (that's why I mentioned it). Its a case of preferences/play style, not a problem.

I am minded of when Claw released his stock bugfix modules and then there was the occasional discussion over whether using them constituted a mod for all of the stock-only purists.  Of course, Claw then went to work for Squad and all of the fixes became stock, thus ending the discussion.  My contention is simply that, given the fact that we're in a pre-release anyway, it doesn't hurt to put the idea in the bug tracker.

Actually, I think it is quite a bit simpler than what you described:  if the devs add the 'Don't Show Again' checkbox, then it would be just as much a case of preferences or play style if you choose not to check it, in much the same fashion as sandbox mode is now a matter of preference, but it was not back when this was a sandbox-only game.  My UI fix is your feature request, et cetera.  But that position still leaves us with an impasse of opinion, to which I don't really have a defence.  In any case, adding the option doesn't interfere with the auto-samplers, so that shouldn't be a point of contention.

Edited by Zhetaan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.