Procedurally Generated Satellite Contracts

There's been a lot of talk in the past regarding contracts that would require us to place pre-made satellites into orbit as well has having other procedurally generated service missions, but I've yet to see any of this being implemented in game. Is this something that just fizzled out, or does anyone know if it's something that's been worked on by the devs or the mod community. I think this sort of addition is crucial to make career mode feel more realistic and challenging. After all, NASA, Sace X and ULA don't lunch satellites they design.  

Edited by Regiampiero

1 hour ago, tater said:

There should be some standard sats that show up as subassemblies when you accept the contract, and those are the payload. The player should never own them, either.

Exactly. Also you shouldn't be able to use it as a relay satellite or accomplish another lateral contract, whit the exception of the Record Keeping Society Contracts. Also I would really love to see private space stations (already in orbit and to be placed in orbit) and paid re-supply runs. 

This sounds cool. The vice versa can be true too: build a satellite or payload for a given launch vehicle. In both cases, once the contact is complete, the vessel can disappear once the player leaves the flight scene. As far as stations, once it's spawned it should stay permanently, unless the game lets you at least watch the fireworks when it deorbits.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.