Set Orbit + HE

I've built a base in the SPH. It's huge. I want to move the complete project temporarily to Minmus. Starting on the runway I'm using F12 to set orbit to Minmus. The Alt orientation never matches the runway - this is true even when setting orbit to Kerbin. It tends to stand the base (or rocket) on end despite the control from here being set on the runway. I added SAS so it can be reoriented. All's good. Now switching to Hyper Edit and using landing, the base rotates about 45 degree from the east/west Az orientation of the runway. I'm using hold rotation (or whatever it is called in HE) to keep the base upright. None of the Navball indicators match what I am after and trying to manually use SAS isn't working. Once the base starts rotating, getting it to stop is proving impossible. I have plenty of electricity. What am I missing here? Is there a way in HE to rotate about an axis?

If you want to keep a particular orientation using the teleport options, you have to use the other orbital parameters. I've yet to figure what the reference point is that KSP uses to define the starting direction. It MIGHT be relative to Kerbin's Prime Meridian, but *shrug*.

If you grab MechJeb, its SAS functionality offers many more options by letting you select your frame of reference. I use it to keep my station "upright" relative to Kerbin's surface. My comsats use it to keep their solar panels pointed directly at the sun. (I have both polar and equatorial satellites.) MJ's SAS is also much better with rotation overall: it's more gradual and smooth. Stock is more jerky (because it's all or nothing when active; MJ does proportional inputs and makes use of letting the rotation drift a bit to make it more manageable.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.