Pandora IV (The grand tour)

Kerbinchaser

INTRODUCTION:

This is a story about my quest to visit all the celestial bodies in the Kerbal system. Though it will be a book, it will be told through the eyes of the crew. 

Enjoy guys!

STATS:

Crew: eight. (Commander, Pilot, Flight Surgeon, Botanist, Co-Pilot, Lander Pilot, Chemist, Flight Engineer)

Commander: Lo var Kerman

Pilot: Jebediah Kerman

Botanist: GeofGee Kerman

Chemist: Bob Kerman

Co-Pilot: Valentina Kerman

Lander Pilot: George Kerman

Flight Surgeon: Chris Kerman

Flight Engineer: Bill Kerman

Flight plan:

Stage 1:

Mün and Minmus

Stage 2:

Moho

Stage 3: 

Eve and Gilly

Stage 4:

Duna and Ike

Stage 5:

Dres

Stage 6:

Jool and her moons

Stage 7: 

Eeloo

Stage 8:

Kerbin return

----------STORY START--------

Lo var Kerman, Commander. 

Day 1, 2 hours, 56 minutes.

We just boarded the Pandora IV. It was quite the sight as we ascended into orbit, with this beauty greeting us. I think I'll get to know this ship pretty well. It was a long flight. After we got in orbit, we had overshot the rendezvous point, so we had to make a lot of course corrections. The whole crew is excited about this journey. We all know the dangers, and we are willing to risk our lives in the name of science.

Unlike other craft, our Pandora doesn't have a centrifuge, so the whole ship is zero-G. We have been training for this moment for years now, and now the training pays off. I should probably log off now. A couple other crew members want to log as well.

screenshot4

The Pandora IV

Bob Kerman, Chemist

Day 1 3 hours, 1 minute.

After boarding the Pandora, I took my experiments to the SPU, (Science processing unit) along with the ones for GeofGee. Kerbin is beautiful from up here. Jeb and I went down to the coupula for a minute, and we just sat there in awe for a few minutes.

It's strange when you're in space. You look at your planet, and you feel upside down when in reality, space has no ups or downs. I just stared at the countries, and watched the clouds move. I think I might spend more time in here. Its beautiful. I looked at our shuttle that took us here undock and return, and soon I saw the solar panels unfold and the aero shield open up.

Not very many people can say they've been in space, let alone say that they're going to all the planets. I am so anxious to go, I might pee my pants. (Which doesn't matter up here, considering we wear absorbent pads.)

Chris Kerman, Flight Surgeon.

Day 1, 4 hours, 35 minutes. 

It took me a little more time to write in my log. I had to go and prepare the clinic for anything. Up here, you have to treat injuries very carefully. There is no "ambulance" to take you to a hospital. You're millions of miles away from your home, and you're protected from space by a thin layer of metal and padding. 

Well, that was short... And to the point.

Jebediah Kerman, Pilot

Day 1, 18 hours, 20 minutes.

We already began the TMI burn, to propel us towards the Mün. It went smoothly, but took almost 20 minutes, due to our engine's low TWR. Now we're on our way to the Mün. We'll see you in 3 days you small moon! 

screenshot0

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

Lo var Kerman, Commander

Day 2, 23 hours, 2 minutes.

I went down to the coupula earlier and saw a beautiful sight. I could see Kerbol, the Mün, and Kerbin!

screenshot0

Man, I really need to escape down here more often. 

George Kerman, Lander Pilot

Day 3, 16 hours, 36 minutes. 

Finally, we have arrived at the Mün. After a quick circularization burn, Lo told me that I had to jump in the lander and go on down with Bill. After walking through the crew tubes to get to the Mün lander, we did our checklists and right now we're ready to roll. We're just awaiting the confirmation from Lo var. 

Bill Kerman, Flight Engineer

Day 3, 23 hours, 22 minutes. 

I am typing this log from the surface of the Mün. After undocking, we slowly began our decent to the ground. Around 2 hours later, we were on the Mün. After some drilling and some science experiments, we reboarded the lander. 

Spoiler
screenshot2

The lander undocking.

screenshot3

Beautiful Kerbin-rise as we begin our descent. 

screenshot4

Killing our Horizontal velocity.

screenshot5

Touchdown!

screenshot6

A photo taken from our camera. I'm working on an engine that overheated on our descent, and George is observing the view. 

Valentina Kerman, Co-Pilot

Day 4, 2 hours, 46 minutes.

George and Bill just docked with us again. We started converting the ore into fuel, and we should be done soon. We'll stay in orbit for 1 more day, and then we'll transfer to Minmus. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...