termic problem

i creae a craft whit 4 small drill and 4 small radiator i try it on the earth, all the drill have 100% efficiency but when i attach the craft on asteroid the efficincy is 5%,it no make sense is the spase more cold than earth?

what i have to do to improve my drill?

The small drills are not very efficient and are prone to overheating anyway, but they can definitely get the job done. Thermal control systems are much better than the radiators, and you can put them anywhere on the ship instead of right on top of the part. If I had to guess though (and I have to cuz I can't see your ship), I'd say you don't have an engineer on board. Or he's a low-skill engineer. That's usually the biggest culprit for crappy drilling rigs. Post a screenshot, though, and people can help you better.

There is a bug in version 1.2.2, where radiators do not work for drills when attached to asteroids. This has been fixed in the prerelease, so if you want to upgrade your version, you probably won't have this problem anymore.

9 minutes ago, bewing said:

There is a bug in version 1.2.2, where radiators do not work for drills when attached to asteroids. This has been fixed in the prerelease, so if you want to upgrade your version, you probably won't have this problem anymore.

Is there a specific instance where the bug occurs? Like with radiators instead of thermal controls, or with certain parts on the ship? I have 1.2.2, and I mine asteroids without a problem.

2 hours ago, rotelini said:

how can i post an immage?

Only just started doing it myself, but it's not too difficult. You can use apps like Dropbox or imgur, but I've just used postimage. You Don't need an account or anything. Hit upload image and choose which folder to grab it from. You'll have a KSP folder, which will have a screenshot folder (you probably already know you can take screenshots by just hitting F1). Pick the one you want and upload it.

Then on your reply here, hit insert other media and insert image from URL. Copy the link with control c and paste it with control v and it'll show up in your post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.