Discussion on bunking of video from Hazard-ish

qzgy

4 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Guys, guys sorry.  I thought /s was known to imply the end of a sarcastic statement, keep calm please. :D

A) i missed it.  Usually / 's like /rant, /s, etc are done on a separate line, to make them clear. 

B), I didn't know that /s meant that, my bad.  

Sarcasm is best achieved when people aren't quite sure if you are being sarcastic or not, so well played sir, well played. 

Edited by Gargamel

I really have no catalog on how much this guy "cheated" ("......." for lack of a better term)
But like Gargamel says, it's what you define to be "cheating"

If he cheats, I don't care. No tear, no smile, no contemplating no restlessness and/or heart attack, nothing. I couldn't give a decomposed rats butt. While hazard-ish doesn't seem to do the following I do care if somebody hypes and popularizes his own videos by doing something more then is actually possible and then gets away with it by never mentioning it.
In this case atleast he admits it was for this specific vessel. And if I recall correctly it is his proof of concept. He wanted to make a tilt wing vessel that worked, and when it did he shared that concept in action without regard for the other realism aspects. I have no problem with that. If people make a problem out of that, then they shouldn't because there are more pressing matters in life. And it's his choice, period.

I also don't get the impression that he makes a habit of his cheating besides this video. His vessels are atleast very advanced construction wise. Even if they were cheated it is still a feat worthy of youtube and the ksp forums.

I also want to refer people to the actual definition of the word "cheating" referenced by your local dictionary. It is having a "unfair advantage"
There is only something like having a advantage when there are rules to the game.

There is no winning objective in ksp much less any rules. So where does the cheating part fit in? If you think somebody is cheating in ksp due to rules, then hold a mirror in front of yourself. Start realizing that it are your rules only and that no youtube channel is to bow down for your stupid rules.

I also don't like the invitation of bunking his videos. Just because someone does something different to the rules you thought were universal does't mean you should invite things like this. Building something in KSP is usually a art.
It is always worthy to be viewed and liked, even if you clipped 10 fuel tanks into one, it still isn't a argument to bunk, dislike someones videos, much less invite a whole forum to do so.

Seriously people, why get worked up over this?  It's just a Youtube video.
If it's BS, who cares? If it offends your sense of fair-play, don't watch it.
It's not like finding a misleading video on YT is an uncommon occurrence, and there is far more concerning misinformation to be found there than some guy  cheating at a game.

Getting worked up about this is every bit as idiotic as editing part configs for more e-peen, or whatever this was supposedly worth. Why bother with either?

Besides, Hazard-ish has apologized. Storm-in-a-tea-cup over, move along, nothing to see here.

Edited by steve_v

TBH I don't care in the slightest. I watch videos to be entertained, his videos are entertaining.

I do believe he should have noted in the video that he was using modified parts or infinite fuel, but all in all, I don't watch videos because I want the person to be doing everything by the book. I want to be entertained.

Yes I do enjoy videos of that nature that are 100% legit, I specifically subbed to Matt's channel because of his "X Kerbals to X location" videos, I can understand why some people are annoyed, if you watch videos like this because it's something you want to do yourself, only to find out it isn't possible without using the cheats or mods then I can see how you might feel your time has been wasted. So again, I say add a note to videos when that is the case. But generally speaking I fail to see an issue.

56 minutes ago, Razorforce7 said:

I also want to refer people to the actual definition of the word "cheating" referenced by your local dictionary. It is having a "unfair advantage"

On that note:

to deceive; influence by fraud:
He cheated us into believing he did it legitimately without artificial aid.

@Moh1336 Your very correct, I give you that. Although in the context of the calamity people refer to the design cheat. If that is not the reason but a personal sense of being deceived then it is peoples torn ego willing to punish the guy for being fooled. Which is a good thing to do, but not after 1 error in 1 video in where he even admitted he did it. Think back to shool, there was usually atleast 1 warning.

People deceive/lie all the time, albeit it about unimportant things like whether you stole the last of moms freshly baked cookies. Things like this are from a similar nature. I just can't lay awake because of this, I hope nobody does.

7 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

At least he owned up.

I had to admit, you guys are amazing to be able to resolve the problem in a wise and mature way. This is a fine example how to resolve conflict. That's why I love this community, they face the problem in a calm and calculated manner like the 'steely eyed missile men' on NASA instead of going rage all day on the forum. Hazardish, you are true man. Bravo guys! Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by ARS

I'm honestly surprised so many of you are buying into this "apology" video.

Of course he owned up to it, of course he made a video apologizing, of course he "regrets" doing it now that he's been caught. Do you think he'd be regretting it or apologizing publicly if he had gotten away with it? No. So what other choice did he have then? Quit Youtube? This was the best move he could make from a PR stand point, and you are all eating it right out of his hand.

I have no problem forgiving him, I honestly don't really care that much; but I certainly won't forget. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

I think the biggest revelation from that interview is that Hazard-ish does multiple tries to get the cinematics right and then people think he's some kind of amazing player. He's certainly amazing at spending time setting up a shot... What I like seeing is genuine, honest-to-Johnny playing, no do-overs (bugs notwithstanding), just pure skill.

But that's why I don't watch him or channels like his.

@Rocket In My Pocket Doesn't sound like you have no problem forgiving him.  Sounds like you hold a grudge.  You basically just said (paraphrased) "I have no problem forgiving him but I'm surprised so many of you are forgiving him."

What would you have him do differently to correct the mistake?

I don't watch his channel, never have... in fact I never heard of him till this thread.  But out of Sociocultural curiosity, I wonder why people have such trouble putting something, which really didn't cause severe harm to anyone, in the past when they try to correct their mistakes.

Edited by Alshain

Since @hazard-ish was recently interviewed and explained what happened, it seems that there's nothing more to gain from this discussion. It's a fact that the craft was modified. I can understand why some people are upset, but isn't it a shame that some are so militant about it? The poor guy even said he got hate mail. Whatever the wrong, that kind of response is never appropriate. As a wise man said:

42 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I wonder why people have such trouble putting something, which really didn't cause severe harm to anyone, in the past when they try to correct their mistakes.

On the other hand, it really makes me happy to see such reasonable comments from most of you here. So let's let this thread close on a good note and allow Hazard-ish the opportunity to correct his mistakes as he sees fit.