RCS EVA Controls

Hello everyone, I'm a very casual KSP player for the past 4 years and for the life of me I can't remember how to make the EVA controls work like they used to. I remember that once on EVA and RCS got turned on, the kerbal would auto-orient him/her self facing away from me and normal to my screen. Now once the RCS kicks in they just stand there, and I have to manually rotate the camera to make sense of which direction I'm headed. Up to this point I can still manage with a little extra work, but my biggest issue is that lack of X and Y rotational axis. When in orbit things aren't always planner and I might need to rotate my self fazing the Z axis, but I can't seem to figure out how I can do that. Right now the only thing I can do is go into EVA, switch back to the ship/station, rotate it to orient the doors on the same xy plane as my kerbal, switch back to the kerbal and then get it. Very annoying. 

Edited by Regiampiero

When you turn on RCS, it's on but not yet engaged. He's sort of waiting for a command. Just tap the the w key and he'll immediately orient himself facing forward.

And controls are w,s,a,d like normal. Control and Shift are what you're looking for to move on the z axis (normal, anti-normal, or just plain ole up and down).

As a quick tip, zoom in closer on your Kerbal. Distance can be a bit deceiving when you're further back.

38 minutes ago, Draalo said:

Check your game settings.

The option you are looking for is somewhat named as "Orient Kerbals on EVA to camera view".

Hotkey to manually orientate the Kerbal to camera: "Space"

That's pretty good. Never would've tried that one. Been keeping my hand away from the spacebar just out of habit. Had a lot of accidental stagings in my early career.

1 hour ago, Draalo said:

Check your game settings.

The option you are looking for is somewhat named as "Orient Kerbals on EVA to camera view".

Hotkey to manually orientate the Kerbal to camera: "Space"

Note that 1.2 made it so that you don't have to change this in the settings anymore. Just toggle SAS on/off with 't' while on EVA. 

2 hours ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Note that 1.2 made it so that you don't have to change this in the settings anymore. Just toggle SAS on/off with 't' while on EVA. 

In 1.2.2 the option for kerbal orientation on EVA is still a option to check/uncheck and you can activate the SAS on EVA only with pilots.

Enginier and sciencist don't have this option. Or i miss something?

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.