Keeping my stages tidy?

Hi all. So Im getting on with my Jool 5 challenge and have built my 3 landers. Im working on putting them on a tug yet when I place them where I want them the stages get all messed up. The picture shows my 3 landers on a platform (probably not what I will use but in testing phase at the moment) so my question is is there anyway I can keep my individual lander stages neat and tidy in their own little "spaces" or do I just have to use the [] keys to choose which lander I want when I want it?

I hope someone understands what im on about :)

2py2445.png

16 minutes ago, Nicias said:

I have given up on this problem.

Same here...seems to be standard procedure.

designing the landers individually and latter joining it together seems to be slight less problematic, but still...

16 minutes ago, Nicias said:

I have given up on this problem. I just check my staging anytime I dock or undock anything staged.

I do the same...check after I undock.  It would be great if I could see "this landers stages and that landers stages" as separate entities whilst building though, not a mish-mash I have to get my head around. It's hard enough building these creations let alone decipher whats going on when X meets Y :)

2 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

Same here...seems to be standard procedure.

designing the landers individually and latter joining it together seems to be slight less problematic, but still...

That's what I've done..built 3 working and tested landers then stick them all together and I have no idea where to start untangling the mess I'm presented with!

22 minutes ago, maceemiller said:

That's what I've done..built 3 working and tested landers then stick them all together and I have no idea where to start untangling the mess I'm presented with!

Probably the kind of mess I imagined when writing "but still..." And slight less problematic was not supposed to mean acceptable at all.

I've encountered a similar issue, and got a workaround by adding empty stages for other lander/tug before putting them together.

Probably stages on the same stage number get merged when merging two ships. Separate these stages by adding empty stages before merging in VAB/docking.

Edited by Reusables

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.