64 bit KSP.

digger1213

3 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Assuming you use Windows, on a 32bit OS you would only have 3.75GB of that 4GB available, and KSP would only be able to use 2GB of that ram. Can't speak for other OS but I imagine it's a similar story.

Running a 64 bit OS, even the 32 bit version of KSP can address all 4 GB of ram.

You know, I've asked several times of potential benefits of x64 for sub-4Gb users, and this is the first satisfying answer!

On 4/20/2017 at 10:06 PM, digger1213 said:

So, I just decided to try out 64 bit KSP to see if I could get any better FPS with my large (or rather, small but high part count) base on Minmus. I found there was rather little difference in FPS anyway, with an increase of maybe about 3 fps, still below 30. Does 64 bit support CPU multi threading? What effects does 64 bit actually have on the game? From the little bit of reading I have found, it appears that it only effects ships, with each ship getting its own thread.

Anyone actually use 64 bit?

x64 uses more RAM, but, on the other hand, is not limited to 3.5GB cap as 32-bit version is (only relevant if you use mods).  I have not found any difference in performance/fps between the two.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.