[Kopernicus] Help needed in the form of Tutorials

Hello All,

Ok, I am very, very new to the forum, mostly lurked and read various threads. Had to start commenting on some very good content however, so needed an account.

I have also thought about the Mods out there and especially Kopernicus, I have looked at the various Star Systems available and have been very surprises that something I have not seen available.

So I would like to learn how to use Kopernicus to create this Star Systems and once complete share it with everyone.

But first I need help, can any who can or are willing point me in the direction of tutorials (on or off the Forum) that will allow be to understand and learn how to use Kopernicus to fulfil my goal.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I would also update this post with a list of the recommended tutorial as well.

[If this is in the wrong place, again any advice would be appreciated]

@Pretorian28715 I have written several guides on the subject as well as made several videos.

I also plan to make a video covering all I know about the subject at some point within these next two weeks.

In that tutorial I will be covering:

- Creation of planets with semi-realistic physical properties

- What most of the values do

- How to add oceans

- How to create a realistic atmosphere by hand

- How to choose PQSMods in a clever way

- Various PQSMods

- KittopiaTech

And in a sequel:

- Scatterer

- EVE

- PlanetShine

- DOE

- Custom terrain scatters

- Custom surface textures

And later possibly:

- How to create your own, custom PQSMods (+ some basic C#)

But what exactly are you trying to create? I may have some tips and tricks for you.

Edited by The White Guardian

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, The White Guardian said:

@Pretorian28715 I have written several guides on the subject as well as made several videos.

--snip--

But what exactly are you trying to create? I may have some tips and tricks for you.

@The White Guardian thanks for those, can you give them ratings (e.g. 1 = easy to 10 = 'very' expert) and a short description, if you have any Templates as well would be useful (think I have your Gas Giant one already. :wink:.

If you know of and can add/suggest any other tutorials that you feel are good too, that would be excellent.

What I am trying to do is create a new System, mainly for myself to explore as I will be using the KSP-IE mod, and need some where to go. however it is based on a SciFi series that I like (don't want to give the name yet as it might spoil the surprise), and if I can get it to a suitable standard (e.g. OPM, Cyran/Cerillion, Valentine Dwarf star, etc...) I might release it to everyone. :D.

It will include Suns, rocky (Kerbin), ocean (Laythe) and Gas Giants (Jool) types, there is also an Asteroid belt or two but not sure how to do those at all (or if it is worth it).

As I am very new to Kopernicus, I wanted a thread that gave a list of tutorials similar to the Community Mod list, this way not only can I benefit from the raft of knowledge available from the Forum this thread could form the basis for other new to System Building to begin, also as a repository for all who need/want it.

So any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Pretorian28715
Typos

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2017 at 5:11 PM, Pretorian28715 said:

@The White Guardian thanks for those, can you give them ratings (e.g. 1 = easy to 10 = 'very' expert) and a short description, if you have any Templates as well would be useful (think I have your Gas Giant one already. :wink:.

If you know of and can add/suggest any other tutorials that you feel are good too, that would be excellent.

What I am trying to do is create a new System, mainly for myself to explore as I will be using the KSP-IE mod, and need some where to go. however it is based on a SciFi series that I like (don't want to give the name yet as it might spoil the surprise), and if I can get it to a suitable standard (e.g. OPM, Cyran/Cerillion, Valentine Dwarf star, etc...) I might release it to everyone. :D.

It will include Suns, rocky (Kerbin), ocean (Laythe) and Gas Giants (Jool) types, there is also an Asteroid belt or two but not sure how to do those at all (or if it is worth it).

As I am very new to Kopernicus, I wanted a thread that gave a list of tutorials similar to the Community Mod list, this way not only can I benefit from the raft of knowledge available from the Forum this thread could form the basis for other new to System Building to begin, also as a repository for all who need/want it.

So any help will be greatly appreciated.

There aren't any real ratings to give, it's all similar. The trick is remembering, once you do that, you're all set.

I highly recommend anyone wanting to give Kopernicus a go installing KittopiaTech and messing with PQSMods in game, because the real experience comes from practice.

12 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

There aren't any real ratings to give, it's all similar. The trick is remembering, once you do that, you're all set

@The White Guardian oh well was hoping for a kind of progression for me to work through.

12 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

installing KittopiaTech and messing with PQSMods in game

I wanted to do it all text/code based really, but I think I'm gonna have to, for the editing of the PQSMods.

Incidentally would you be interested in joining the Alpha group? Just have a few tweaks (hopefully) then I can offer an Alpha version for a select few (4-6 people) to view and advise on. Alternatively if you can suggest anyone that would be willing to, that would be great too?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.