I might make another music video. What song should I do?

Ultimate Steve

NEW OP, reusing the thread.

I finished another KSP music video, I can do another one and I am open to song suggestions. I have removed the old poll as it didn't really work. Just make sure that on this list the song is either not listed or listed as viewable worldwide (ads are fine).

The old OP:

There may be a few of you who remember my "Final Countdown" KSP music video that I made a while back. At the time, it was the best video I'd ever done (and may still be) and currently sits at 249 views, my second most viewed YouTube video. Unfortunately, the video ran into copyright issues and is now unlisted and blocked in Canada and Germany. If you aren't in these two countries, you can still view it using the link in my signature.

Skipping to the point, I would like to eventually make another KSP music video, one that will not get copyrighted out of existence, but still one of the songs I like. This is where you come in: I would like you guys to vote on which song you would like done first.

My Heart (By Different Heaven and EH!DE) - It makes my head bob every single time the drop hits. Is definitely on my top 10 songs list. Plus, it's been released by NCS, making copyright violations a non-issue.

KSP Theme (Epic cover by Álvaro A. Lorite) - By far my favorite cover of the KSP theme. I'll try and contact Álvaro if I can to ask him permission to use this.

Starmachine 2000 (By Wintergatan) - This is my second favorite song ever, second only to The Final Countdown. Starmachine 2000 has the unique ability to put a smile on my face no matter what has happened to me. Wintergatan is the band behind the viral video "Marble Machine" and by far my favorite band ever. As far as copyright, this song is not listed on the YT copyright database, and I would attempt to contact Wintergatan first before making the video, and I'd be sure to buy the song first (Really? Only a dollar? and 8 bucks for the whole album? You guys are awesome!) as well as other stuff.

Chances are, you haven't heard any of these before (Well, I mean, you've heard the KSP theme but probably not that arrangement), and I encourage you to listen to all of them, they are songs I really enjoy.

Alternatively, you can suggest another song, just try and make it one that won't get blocked on YouTube. The song chosen will hopefully be done by mid-summer, and I eventually plan to do all three.

Thanks for your vote!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

1 hour ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Alternatively, you can suggest another song, just try and make it one that won't get blocked on YouTube.

I can think of so many I'd love to see you do... but then you had to go and mention the "C" word... (copyright)  :sticktongue:

16 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I can think of so many I'd love to see you do... but then you had to go and mention the "C" word... (copyright)  :sticktongue:

There are young children YouTubers here mister Jim! How dare you use that foul language! :P

6 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

There are young children YouTubers here mister Jim! How dare you use that foul language! :P

I'm sorry... I know, copyright is a 4-letter word on YouTube... :sticktongue:

Edited by Just Jim

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I've always thought a fitting song for KSP is "Tubthumpin'" by Chumbawamba. Don't know if you'd get the dreaded "C" word, as @Just Jim so correctly noted above, thrown at you but it could be fun...

Nice... :)

But if @Ultimate Steve could somehow get away with it, there's one song at the top of my list.... far, far above the rest....that I'd love to see him "Kerbalize"

Spoiler

@DarkOwl57 Hmm... *Adds KSP MV of 7NA to ever growing list of stuff I should do sometime*

@cubinator Haha! I was actually sort of thinking about writing a song myself to do something with KSP! Good to know I'm not the only KSP player/songwriter out there!
@adsii1970 Listening to it right now! Sounds interesting
@max_creative Yay! People share the same taste in music as me!

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

*snip*

0_0 YAAAAAS!

No, though, the copyright would do it in, unfortunately. Otherwise, I would totally do it! (And Starman. I really like Starman for some reason.)

@adsii1970 (again) Well, that's one way of getting around copyright...

5 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

I really like Starman for some reason

Oh yeah... I can hear it now, with Jeb floating high over Kerbin... perfect song for a KSP video!!! :cool:

Here's a great live version, for anyone that might not know it... this would be so perfect!!!

Spoiler

Edited by Just Jim

Anyway, back on topic, I have a Korg M-50 workstation and kaossilator pro put away, but I don't know if I'm good enough for a video. Still, my M-50 has thousands of "spacey" options... and half the time it plays itself (which can be a little weird...) so if you get stuck for anything, I might be able to come up with something halfway decent you could have... copyright free... lmao.... . 

Edited by Just Jim

Is the interstellar music c-worded? Hans Zimmer makes good music, though they are for more cinematic purposes. Also, I thought the copyright was only if you are using it for profit

If anyone could make a parody of this (some explicit language) that would be cool.

I got this feeling on a launch day when bill was gone
I crashed my ship into the ground.
I watched, I let it burn.

I chucked more boosters on the side and then I launched again
I crashed my ship into the ground

I don't care, I love it
I don't care

Etc.

Okay! Seven Nation Army and Starman (or Space Oddity) are all on my list of things to do in the future. *Stands on top of Mount Everest* *Unrolls list* *List rolls out down mountain* *List reaches base camp before being fully unrolled*

(Yeah, I have a big problem with wanting to do things but never finding the time. Someday!)

I have decided to do a KSP music video of "My Heart," and I have started working on it already. I am about 30 seconds in and have over 50 video items just for those 30 seconds... This may take a while...

Finished video coming soontm.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, I am about halfway there (o-oh! Livin' on a prayer!) (yet another song I'd like to do but probably won't due to lack of time).

The main reason it's taking so long is that due to the nature of the song I want to be flipping through clips pretty fast. Which is great, and all, until you run out of video clips to flip through (because I don't want to be repetitive).

I've been through old video clips, I've been through my old save files filming things, and I've tried to record clips if I was doing anything interesting. In the interest of not being repetitive, the Eeloo Mothership Mission trilogy has bought me a whopping twenty seconds (:rolleyes:).

So, this isn't dead, it's just taking a while. :D

I'm going to transfer my old savefiles from this computer onto the one with the recording app now...

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.