My own car. "Flying Frankenstein"

Citroën BX "Flying Frankenstein", 1985

Its name: Flying Frankenstein.
I’ve tried to mimick its performance in roadholding and top speed. There’s a lot of body roll but it’s got excellent suspension and doesn’t mind driving on the hills and plains of Kerbin, it just doesn’t like the mountains very much. It’s built on a monocoque frame resembling the original. It’s a bit flexible but there aren’t any struts, anywhere. The real car is 1170kg. The kerbal version is 10 times as heavy. Building a car in this scale in KSP is hard.

bx_19_11.jpg

2hvys9mb4f2c_480.jpg

efc28337ea3dfb493a4e24304c4efc49.jpg

Flying Frankenstein used to be a GT with a 1.9 liter carburetted engine and a manual 5-speed. I’ve converted it into a turbodiesel automatic and gave it a digital dashboard. I’ve bought the car in 2006 and converted it in 2008. I plan to continue driving it for as long as possible. Tip: if you wish to increase performance, right click on the second engine icon while driving and set the performance limiter back to 100%.
Note: the little split in the rear bumper is for the exhaust thrust of the jet engines.

Craft file

Edited by Azimech

3 hours ago, Dman979 said:

It looks horrible.

In other words, you nailed it! Nice work, man!

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the looks either. But the internal space vs mass, the roadholding & soft suspension (not always mutually exclusive), lack of electronics, cheap parts and good mileage makes me forget about that.

And thanks :-)

18 hours ago, Azimech said:

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the looks either. But the internal space vs mass, the roadholding & soft suspension (not always mutually exclusive), lack of electronics, cheap parts and good mileage makes me forget about that.

And thanks :-)

My mate had a BX DS 20 years ago, inside feld like a limo i.m.o.

Also hydraulic dropping the rearwheels was cool.

I like the looks, there is only so much you can do in stock. ^_^

Edited by Triop

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.