FPS..!!!

Parv Kerman

42 minutes ago, Parv Kerman said:

Does anyone has started loving an FPS Game?

Sure, I started in 1992 with Wolfenstein3D. I still play it from time to time. :P
I've even started playing the new DooM release, now that the Denuvo DRM BS has been removed.

Not into COD though, too full of hyper-competitive adolescent dirtbags and mall-ninjas.

Edited by steve_v

Loving, it's a bit hard to tell... for PC I would think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R (all of them, even if CS always is spit away by the community), BF1942 really marked me with BFV and BF2 for the freedom of choices and movement.

On the other platforms "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" on Gamecube was such a "boom" to me in 2002, the first time I saw such details and fluidity with a home console (now everybody could laugh at those) and "Metroid Prime".

On 4/22/2017 at 5:55 AM, steve_v said:

Not into COD though, too full of hyper-competitive adolescent dirtbags and mall-ninjas.

I found CoD4 Modern Warfare pretty good at the beginning but just like you the online community quickly disgusted me of its multiplayer.

3 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

for PC I would think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Excellent games, though rather buggy, IME.

As for other platforms, nothing beats Perfect Dark on the N64 :P

8 hours ago, steve_v said:

Sure, I started in 1992 with Wolfenstein3D. I still play it from time to time. :P
I've even started playing the new DooM release, now that the Denuvo DRM BS has been removed.

I like the CoD storyline and side missions. The online is true to your statement.

One of the earliest game I remember playing was Halo 2 or some Medal of Honor (couldn't tell which, probably AA). I've also played some CoD (up to MW) and Battlefield (1942 and BF2).

Thinking about it, besides these oldies and CS:GO, I haven't played that many FPS.

Brutal Doom. That and Doom itself. Not the new one, although I'm sure I'd enjoy it. The original Doom is just really easy to mod...

Also, Black Mesa Source is pretty fun, but it keeps crashing in the beginning of Questionable Ethics.

I cut my teeth on Soldier of Fortune. When playing multiplayer, getting a kill would be signified by a "na-nuh, na-NAA!" sound effect. After a whole bunch of that with friends, and then watching a violent movie like Natural Born Killers, every time a character in the movie died, we'd call out "na-nuh, na-NAA!"

Some of the best experiences I've ever had come from Rust, the FPS made by the creator of Garry's Mod. Few games can make my heart rate raise to the level it did, because if you die, you lost a lot of work. Most of that was in legacy, but every gun battle had a way of hitting you in the heart way more than any match in Call of Duty ever could.

Honestly, I haven't been disappointed by any combat-only multiplayer FPS games that I actually had (a.k.a. not including the ones I'd play every once in a while at a friend's place), and I basically only play that kind of genre.

I'm really fond of Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike: Source (probably the FPS I've played the most), Battlefield Play4Free (RIP, even though it was pay-to-win), CoD 4 and CoD 6 (also played a lot of CoD 6), Ace of Spades (back when it was in beta, before it got steam, it was a completely different game), Team Fortress 2, Insurgency (my favorite shooter), Battlefield 2, and probably many others that I can't remember.

On 4/22/2017 at 7:28 AM, XB-70A said:

Loving, it's a bit hard to tell... for PC I would think about S.T.A.L.K.E.R (all of them, even if CS always is spit away by the community)

Another STALKER fan! I love the games as well, playing Shadow of Chernobyl right now. I got Call of Pripyat last month and played through it twice. Feel free to add me on Steam as well, same name as here. And of course I'm playing SoC on Master difficulty, how else to play STALKER?

Edited by legoclone09

36 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Another STALKER fan! I love the games as well, playing Shadow of Chernobyl right now. I got Call of Pripyat last month and played through it twice. Feel free to add me on Steam as well, same name as here. And of course I'm playing SoC on Master difficulty, how else to play STALKER?

I would have really like it but I installed all of them in their original DVD platform and don't even have an account on Steam.

The last time I had played was in Hard difficulty as it was with an Arsenal mod and I doubted that the starting bandits and military could be over armed.

SoC will stay my favorite, even if it nearly traumatized me when I was 15 : in the map of the military camp you just have to go into the sewers, at this point I never was already killed, everything went so well. It was just so worrying with the beacon flashing then I met the Bloodsucker for the first time and it killed me in maybe one or just two hit, I nearly fall from my seat and didn't played it for about five years after :D

Just now, XB-70A said:

SoC will stay my favorite, even if it nearly traumatized me when I was 15 : in the map of the military camp you just have to go into the sewers, at this point I never was already killed, everything went so well. It was just so worrying with the beacon flashing then I met the Bloodsucker for the first time and it killed me in maybe one or just two hit, I nearly fall from my seat and didn't played it for about five years after :D

It took me a few tries to do that part, it was well worth it. I sprinted into the main building and ran up to get the documents, then I holed up and picked them off one-by-one. Bloodsuckers are hard on Master difficulty. Took a good six 12x76 shots to kill the one in the sewers.

3 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

2 hours ago, XB-70A said:

I would have really like it but I installed all of them in their original DVD platform and don't even have an account on Steam.

The last time I had played was in Hard difficulty as it was with an Arsenal mod and I doubted that the starting bandits and military could be over armed.

Ho boy, the Zone is growing in the KSP Forums...

I've played STALKER:CS and STALKER:SoC, both of them on Master Difficulty with a realistic damage mod (I can't take bullet sponges).

There was this part of Clear Sky where you first went into Cordon and you had to get past the military base, that marksman machine gunner is responsible for at least two thirds of the number of deaths I had in the savegame. And what the hell was he shooting, I tried hiding tree-to-tree but his anti-tank bullets or something would penetrate them without mercy.

I'm not sure which one I prefer, though: STALKER, Fallout or Half-Life. I love their universes, and if Half-Life got an open-world game I'm sure I'd grow roots in front of my computer. They're just amazing.

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

It took me a few tries to do that part, it was well worth it. I sprinted into the main building and ran up to get the documents, then I holed up and picked them off one-by-one. Bloodsuckers are hard on Master difficulty. Took a good six 12x76 shots to kill the one in the sewers.

Oh yes, I use to hate them so much just like the Psy dogs. Controllers and Pseudogiant were such kind of jokes instead...

I got a nice glitch in the Clear Sky's Swamp area were I was pursued by two of them and after having jumped over a tree trunk they started to circle around each others, just screaming and becoming invisible from time to time.

Just now, Aperture Science said:

There was this part of Clear Sky where you first went into Cordon and you had to get past the military base, that marksman machine gunner is responsible for at least two thirds of the number of deaths I had in the savegame. And what the hell was he shooting, I tried hiding tree-to-tree but his anti-tank bullets or something would penetrate them without mercy.

I must admit, I laughed a bit while reading that... as the machine gunner killed me many times. So many times that I don't think I've done a single game without going to kill him and his friends from the guardhouse once with the good equipment (a good occasion to get some weapons to resell).

1 hour ago, Aperture Science said:

Ho boy, the Zone is growing in the KSP Forums...

I've played STALKER:CS and STALKER:SoC, both of them on Master Difficulty with a realistic damage mod (I can't take bullet sponges).

I'm not sure which one I prefer, though: STALKER, Fallout or Half-Life. I love their universes, and if Half-Life got an open-world game I'm sure I'd grow roots in front of my computer. They're just amazing.

Damn, sounds like hell. Most of my deaths in Shadow of Chernobyl so far have been the military checkpoint.

5 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Oh yes, I use to hate them so much just like the Psy dogs. Controllers and Pseudogiant were such kind of jokes instead...

I got a nice glitch in the Clear Sky's Swamp area were I was pursued by two of them and after having jumped over a tree trunk they started to circle around each others, just screaming and becoming invisible from time to time.

I must admit, I laughed a bit while reading that... as the machine gunner killed me many times. So many times that I don't think I've done a single game without going to kill him and his friends from the guardhouse once with the good equipment (a good occasion to get some weapons to resell).

Oh god, I absolutely hate Pseudogiants. Fighting the one in Call of Pripyat in Zaton was awful, I ended up just lobbing grenades at it until it died.

I really hate dogs in STALKER. Every time I hear their barking I put out my pistol and see if I can put them down. They were especially annoying in Shadow of Chernobyl near Duty's base (100 rads bar), whenever one of the dogs saw me they'd go tell their buddies to get the party going and flock towards me barking like crazy.

But yeah, I've also went back to the base to get sweet revenge. Also made a lot of roubles selling their equipment.

There was also this time when I went to some kind of tower near freedom's base in SoC to kill two bloodsuckers, and near it there was an abandoned village with a controller in it, constantly ringing my ears. I searched the whole place and couldn't find him, so, not taking the ringing anymore, I tried getting away from the place, only to find him casually walking around next to me. No idea why he didn't attack.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

There was also this time when I went to some kind of tower near freedom's base in SoC to kill two bloodsuckers, and near it there was an abandoned village with a controller in it, constantly ringing my ears. I searched the whole place and couldn't find him, so, not taking the ringing anymore, I tried getting away from the place, only to find him casually walking around next to me. No idea why he didn't attack.

I got exactly the same disturbing problem in the Dark Valley (version of Clear Sky) for long minutes, then the Controller was walking under the warehouse, just where the door the the X-18 laboratory is.

But the most disturbing "bug" with one of them was in SoC. I was in the Duty base when the alert of an Emission went off, went to the bar for shelter then once everything was over the place was invaded of mutants! There was more than one controller an army of snorks and some bloodsuckers. They killed a lot of peoples in the camps and when everything was over I thinked it was a great occasion to make some money by reselling all of their stuff... until I discovered they (controller probably) killed the barman and some of the Duty guys who usually were in the no-weapons area. I had to reload an old save after that...

I got exactly the same disturbing problem in the Dark Valley (version of Clear Sky) for long minutes, then the Controller was walking under the warehouse, just where the door the the X-18 laboratory is.

But the most disturbing "bug" with one of them was in SoC. I was in the Duty base when the alert of an Emission went off, went to the bar for shelter then once everything was over the place was invaded of mutants! There was more than one controller an army of snorks and some bloodsuckers. They killed a lot of peoples in the camps and when everything was over I thinked it was a great occasion to make some money by reselling all of their stuff... until I discovered they (controller probably) killed the barman and some of the Duty guys who usually were in the no-weapons area. I had to reload an old save after that...

Speaking of bar bugs, do you know the "GET OUT OF HERE STALKER" guy?

I was once walking by him until I noticed he was incapacitated, screaming in agony, with Petrenko mysteriously standing next to him. I gave the wounded guy a medkit and he became green (friend) on my PDA. But as soon as he got up, he told me to get out.

I think I still have a save of that situation. I might upload a video if I find it.

21 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

Speaking of bar bugs, do you know the "GET OUT OF HERE STALKER" guy?

I was once walking by him until I noticed he was incapacitated, screaming in agony, with Petrenko mysteriously standing next to him. I gave the wounded guy a medkit and he became green (friend) on my PDA. But as soon as he got up, he told me to get out.

It happens to me but not for the same reasons as I used to "modifie" a lot the .txt file of my games (...). On day I decided to make all of the factions friendly, bandits and military included, for fun but also to kill all of them quickly after. So the Duty "Get out of here stalker" made it to me too while he was a friendly.

For another reason one of the faction opened fire at me while they were theoretically friendly but I can't remember which one... maybe the mercenaries or these &%#@! of the Monolith.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.