What is the strangest bug you have found?

MiffedStarfish

MechJeb recently landed a 15 meter tall resource extractor successfully 14 meters underground. The only thing above ground was the advanced nose cone - but the ship was completely intact - just 14 meters underground. Even the landing gear and RCS engines were still intact. I had left KSP in orbit view, thinking it might land closer to my target if I just left MechJeb alone after enabling it.

I keep thinking it is a 'feature' and I just have to use my imagination to figure out why that would be useful. Maybe if it was a habitat module, you could put a MK1 command pod on top for a ground level entrance to your underground silo Mobile Processing Lab?

2 minutes ago, qzgy said:

It seems like it was an awesome bug.

I dunno. It made landing some kind of planes pretty difficult -- they just wouldn't stop. When they started gaining both speed and altitude with a deployed parachute and no thrust, I knew I needed to report it :v

Edited by foamyesque

Just now, foamyesque said:

I dunno. It made landing some kind of planes pretty difficult -- they just wouldn't stop. When they started gaining both speed and altitude with a deployed parachute, I knew I needed to report it :v

I guess there's that. On the other hand.... stupidly efficient gliders?

7 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I guess there's that. On the other hand.... stupidly efficient gliders?

Stupid is the key word there :P

Lemme see if I can find my old screenshot... ah, here we go:

mayBj4j.png

Edited by foamyesque

2 minutes ago, foamyesque said:

stupid is the key word there :P

Lemme see if I can find my old screenshot... ah, here we go:

mayBj4j.png

I can see that being a problem....

You can clip through asteroids, and even lock yourself in it. The last time I did it, I got launched off from LKO at a velocity ~20x the escape velocity of Kerbin. Boy oh boy... gotta love those asteroids.

1.3 powers down one of my pcs. No idea how this comes. Stock, no overclocking, cpu is ok, ram is ok, no log entries neither in system logs nor ksp logs. Never seen that before. On another one it runs fine.

But i don't play that much any more ... i had my fun :-)

On 27/06/2017 at 2:42 AM, Ty Tan Tu said:

MechJeb recently landed a 15 meter tall resource extractor successfully 14 meters underground. The only thing above ground was the advanced nose cone - but the ship was completely intact - just 14 meters underground. Even the landing gear and RCS engines were still intact. I had left KSP in orbit view, thinking it might land closer to my target if I just left MechJeb alone after enabling it.

I keep thinking it is a 'feature' and I just have to use my imagination to figure out why that would be useful. Maybe if it was a habitat module, you could put a MK1 command pod on top for a ground level entrance to your underground silo Mobile Processing Lab?

"You see, in this system there's two kinds of astronauts, my friend: Those with a working spaceship and those who dig. You dig."

:-)

On 2017/4/26 at 4:24 AM, NSEP said:

I once tried to make a rocket in RO but for some reason, the rocket floated above the surface and when i hit the engines, it just didn't take off, like it was hanging.

Actually, I got that bug on certain crafts randomly too,especially VTOLs.

And once the bug made one of my fish-shaped test aircraft literally act like a fish paddling its tail,except for staying and paddling at about 40 meters above sea level instead of below it.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:09 AM, Gman_builder said:

One time when i was working on one of my free-prop planes the prop duplicated itself when the physics loaded. Took a game restart to fix it.

I'm going to take a guess and say you launched the plane earlier and recovered the plane but not the propeller. I've done this numerous times with similar apparent results with both helicopters and planes. When you recover the prop or rotor often gets left behind, and it needs to be recorded separately, otherwise it ends up inside your plane when you launch and wrecks it.

14 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I'm going to take a guess and say you launched the plane earlier and recovered the plane but not the propeller. I've done this numerous times with similar apparent results with both helicopters and planes. When you recover the prop or rotor often gets left behind, and it needs to be recorded separately, otherwise it ends up inside your plane when you launch and wrecks it.

definitely not the case. it was repeatable under different conditions.

I take back what i said. This one definitely weirder.

zCsaMd3.png

insert groan.

uXjJuSU.png

Edit: Oh my god, the buttons still work. Randomly clicking got me to the credits thingy. Wonder If I can load my game...

Ahh, after exiting the credits, buttons show up.

Edited by qzgy

I don't have any pics, but I was testing a launch system for Columbia LR. It had 4 of the shuttle's usual boosters, with all their thrust going through the heaviest external tank I had used so far. I went for a test launch, but 52 seconds into the launch, it underwent extremely rapid unplanned disassembly. Parts were flying in every direction at significant fractions of Kerbin's orbital velocity. I reverted to the VAB, where I had some minor glitches while building, though I can't remember what the glitches were, beyond the VAB just not liking the craft. I then flew several more test flights, where I either had the exact same result despite having more struts installed, or needed to abort before the 52 second mark and had all physics except the momentum of the parts just quit. I took that as a sign to just go with the alternate plan of Saturn Shuttle. 

34 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

and you're on pods

This sounds almost like you made a typo with 'pods'.

36 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

this sounds like old Ksp but it's new ksp 

I expected this to end with 'dude'...

On ‎3‎-‎7‎-‎2017 at 6:36 PM, 53miner53 said:

I don't have any pics, but I was testing a launch system for Columbia LR. It had 4 of the shuttle's usual boosters, with all their thrust going through the heaviest external tank I had used so far. I went for a test launch, but 52 seconds into the launch, it underwent extremely rapid unplanned disassembly. Parts were flying in every direction at significant fractions of Kerbin's orbital velocity. I reverted to the VAB, where I had some minor glitches while building, though I can't remember what the glitches were, beyond the VAB just not liking the craft. I then flew several more test flights, where I either had the exact same result despite having more struts installed, or needed to abort before the 52 second mark and had all physics except the momentum of the parts just quit. I took that as a sign to just go with the alternate plan of Saturn Shuttle. 

More like the Challenger.

On 7/2/2017 at 2:20 PM, qzgy said:

insert groan.

uXjJuSU.png

Edit: Oh my god, the buttons still work. Randomly clicking got me to the credits thingy. Wonder If I can load my game...

Ahh, after exiting the credits, buttons show up.

That happens to me a lot, I thknow no it is caused by switching from windowed to full screen via alt+enter while in the main menu

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.