Laythe is so close to Jool that the rings would get sucked up by Jool.

Same for moonlets.

What do you mean by flag? You can make one.

Continent. Where, on Laythe? It's water world, basically. No need to change its surface.

Nah, five moons is enough. Though I'd love to see one just at the edge of SOI moving retrograde.

For space Easter eggs, there is already a Magic Boulder. 

Mountains, again, changing surface.

No, it doesn't need to look more like green Jupiter, no.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:43 PM, The Aziz said:

Nah, five moons is enough. Though I'd love to see one just at the edge of SOI moving retrograde.

I'd love to see a new tiny moon orbiting Jool in a very tight orbit (maybe 7000km or so) that has an oblate shape from the insane tides. Or maybe it would just be a lumpy potato. Well, I can always use Hyperedit! GILLY, COME HERE!!

On 4/22/2017 at 6:38 PM, DiamondGamerBR said:

a New Continent (Called Brazilen)

The continents don't even have names anyway.

1 hour ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

I'd love to see a new tiny moon orbiting Jool in a very tight orbit (maybe 7000km or so) that has an oblate shape from the insane tides. Or maybe it would just be a lumpy potato. Well, I can always use Hyperedit! GILLY, COME HERE!!

Wouldn't that be extremely hard to land at?

If Laythe were to have formed with rings, then they would collapse back down to the planet and create an equatorial ridge system like that of Iapetus. Quite cool for an oceanic planet.

The only way for Laythe to hold onto rings in its current orbit is to be significantly more massive than Kerbin. However, since the Tylo to Jool mass ratio is the same as that with the Moon and Earth, any more massive moon would destabilize the system. Jool is only 80 times the mass of Kerbin! Meanwhile, Tylo is abou 0.8 Kerbin masses. To make the system itself stable enough for rings or moonleta is to buff Jool's sub-Saturn mass to a more Jovian value (say 200-300 Kerbin masses), slightly shrink the major moons, and move their orbits farther out. Then Laythe MIGHT be able to have rings. If not, Tylo would.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.