=TKOL= The King of Laythe Challenge (BDArmory 3vs3 KOH AI Duels: Sci-fi future weapons)

8 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I don't mind to add SXT and QuizTech to the list. But regarding weapons the only allowed for this Sci-Fi challenge are "Future Weapons" :)

Oh, ok.

Ah well. Another day. The Talon shall see its first battle soon enough.

12 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I don't mind to add SXT and QuizTech to the list. But regarding weapons the only allowed for this Sci-Fi challenge are "Future Weapons" parts :).

And also remember that your plane should be able to take off from water!

I have changed the submit rules in case you want to update your fuel amount. Before I was recommending 15 min.  @DoctorDavinci

Submit Rules:

• Recommend fuel for a minimum of 5 mins at full throttle.

Ok ... give me a chance to change my fuel loadout then before you start the competition

I'll be home in a couple hours and can do it unless you want to do it for me ... there are 3 Mk1 liquid fuel tanks on either side of the Kaiju, empty the two forwards ones and the 2 rearward ones and she is ready to go under the new rules

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Ok ... give me a chance to change my fuel loadout then before you start the competition

I'll be home in a couple hours and can do it unless you want to do it for me ... there are 3 Mk1 liquid fuel tanks on either side of the Kaiju, empty the two forwards ones and the 2 rearward ones and she is ready to go under the new rules

I will run it tomorrow :)  You are good  

On 4/23/2017 at 6:12 PM, jrodriguez said:

@KenjiKrafts I've testing your craft and I think you didn't read the rules well enough :) . Your craft should be able to take off from water and currently it is not. You need to amend your craft.

Amended I have - https://kerbalx.com/KenjiKrafts/Lehi-XVIII

14 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Probably later this morning :D 

I ended up playing War-thunder & League of Legends and forgot about it xD

Mine has 67 parts and...well trying to get it perfectly balanced right now.  The engines are so powerful they noze the thing over in the water.  I could put a hydroplane...that would leave me with only 1 part left though and would bring it to exactly 70 with the AI unit on

25 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Mine has 67 parts and...well trying to get it perfectly balanced right now.  The engines are so powerful they noze the thing over in the water.  I could put a hydroplane...that would leave me with only 1 part left though and would bring it to exactly 70 with the AI unit on

I can help abit if you PM me if you like :D

If I don't get back straight away it's bc im playing Warthunder :cool: 

Edited by KenjiKrafts

Hi.

I wanna participate.  I'm building a plane, and will try to submit it tomorrow.

I have several questions:

(1) Are we limited to Panthers only?  There are some very powerful engines in the allowed mods, but all the submitted planes use panthers.

(2) I'm having problems initiating fights when the planes are in the water.  Vessel Switcher only sees one plane at a time.  I don't have this problem with launching planes from land.  Am I missing some extra mod?  I installed all the allowed mods through CKAN, latest versions and all dependencies.

(3) Is there some way to launch fights from Laythe?  I know I could use HyperEdit and Vessel Mover, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to set it up.  Any way to do it automatically?

(4) I cannot open Kaiju P2 plane.  KSP tells me the part called bahaMk22LightningCockpit is missing.  I have BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits mod version 1.1 installed.  Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

(1) Are we limited to Panthers only?  There are some very powerful engines in the allowed mods, but all the submitted planes use panthers.

I suspect that any engine from the allowed mods is good although it's JR's call

5 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

(2) I'm having problems initiating fights when the planes are in the water.  Vessel Switcher only sees one plane at a time.  I don't have this problem with launching planes from land.  Am I missing some extra mod?  I installed all the allowed mods through CKAN, latest versions and all dependencies.

CKAN is likely the culprit ... when installing BDAc it is best to manually install

Also vessel switcher has been integrated into BDAc as of v0.2.0.0 and CKAN may have installed the unintegrated version alongside BDAc which would cause conflicts 

9 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

(3) Is there some way to launch fights from Laythe?  I know I could use HyperEdit and Vessel Mover, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to set it up.  Any way to do it automatically?

Not unless you set yourself up some Kerbal Konstructs launch points 

I made a probe that would float and survive re-entry then used the orbit cheat to put me around Laythe ... after I landed the probe on Laythe I made a save and used Vessel Mover to spawn the crafts

13 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

(4) I cannot open Kaiju P2 plane.  KSP tells me the part called bahaMk22LightningCockpit is missing.  I have BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits mod version 1.1 installed.  Any idea what the problem could be?

CKAN

I recommend that you go to the BDAc teams thread and manually download and install the mods from the links provided in the OP

Hope this helps

24 minutes ago, aleksey444 said:

Hi.

I wanna participate.  I'm building a plane, and will try to submit it tomorrow.

I have several questions:

Thanks!

1 - No we are not, I am running Whiplash Engines as I would say they are superior.

2 - I am not sure, use BDA's in built Wing-commander or the AI can handle water really well, Also BDA.

3 - No I would say hyper-edit is the proper way as you can get the most precision in the takeoff formation, and you can save the Lang,Lat co-ordinates in the addon for continence. 

4 - I am a Stock user and have no extra cockpits so I wouldn't know however please refer to the BD forum section for proper advice, as Davinci said most likely CKAN, I removed it due to it messing up the mods, probably should have mentioned that. 

But overall, Welcome to the club, I look forward to seeing your participation.

Safe Flying, Kenji.

Edited by KenjiKrafts

Well I'm bowing out of this one, because I looked at the stuff Jrod had on his plane, and I don't have those...AND it would be too big for my computer's measly 4GB of RAM...I will if something wins that doesn't take a lot of mods though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.