=TKOL= The King of Laythe Challenge (BDArmory 3vs3 KOH AI Duels: Sci-fi future weapons)

7 minutes ago, Draconiator said:

Well I'm bowing out of this one, because I looked at the stuff Jrod had on his plane, and I don't have those...AND it would be too big for my computer's measly 4GB of RAM...I will if something wins that doesn't take a lot of mods though.

The essential mods that you need are: BDArmory and FutureWeapons, nothing else. In my plane I have custom wings designed with the B9 Procedural Wings (not memory consuming, only 3 parts) and a OPT cockpit, and some parts tweakscaled.

If you need the URL for mods I provide them.

Edited by jrodriguez

1 minute ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Lad I am running a worse setup, I have 6GB however its DDR3 ram that's outdated and the CPU is a I3 dual core so excrements in general, and to top that off it has a Intel HD 3000 in it. Don't worry you'll be fine xD

I have a quite powerful one. I7-4790k oc to 4,5Ghz - 16 Gb DDR3 2400 Mhz - Nvidia Gtx 1070 

37 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

TKOL 2nd COMBAT: ZType(jrodriguez) vs Sea Krestel (SuicidalInsanity) : 4 ROUNDS @SuicidalInsanity

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

RESULTS

ZType successfully defended the tittle of King of Laythe with 3 rounds against 1 on the Sea Kestrel

What a beauty of a plane the Sea Kestrel is! :confused:

Good work @SuicidalInsanity :cool: 

Just now, jrodriguez said:

I have a quite powerful one. I7-4790k oc to 4,5Ghz - 16 Gb DDR3 2400 Mhz - Nvidia Gtx 1070 

Mine is a laptop though xD

3 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

The essential mods that you need are: BDArmory and FutureWeapons, nothing else. In my plane I have custom wings designed with the B9 Procedural Wings (not memory consuming, only 3 parts) and a OPT cockpit, and some parts tweakscaled.

If you need the URL for mods I provide them.

Ah cool, can you private message me?  Oh yeah and the first test had the nose going under water, so have to figure out what the heck is wrong with the balance

6 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Ah cool, can you private message me?  Oh yeah and the first test had the nose going under water, so have to figure out what the heck is wrong with the balance

One tip: ensure that your COM is at equal or greater  height than your thrust vector, otherwise your engines will push your nose down. 

Hi, guys.

I installed BDArmory manually, instead of from CKAN, and that fixed my problems.  I think the issue was that (1) I had a slightly older BDA version, and (2) CKAN did not include something called Physics Extender.  So, thanks for your suggestions.

I now have a somewhat different problem.  I made a plane, and tested it against ZType.  After the two planes pass each other a few times, my plane tends to fly straight up, into the stratosphere.  It goes so high that the engines shut down.  When it eventually falls down, the two planes (mine and ZType) are usually so far away from each other that they don't try to engage.

Anyone ever have a problem like that?

1 hour ago, aleksey444 said:

Hi, guys.

I installed BDArmory manually, instead of from CKAN, and that fixed my problems.  I think the issue was that (1) I had a slightly older BDA version, and (2) CKAN did not include something called Physics Extender.  So, thanks for your suggestions.

I now have a somewhat different problem.  I made a plane, and tested it against ZType.  After the two planes pass each other a few times, my plane tends to fly straight up, into the stratosphere.  It goes so high that the engines shut down.  When it eventually falls down, the two planes (mine and ZType) are usually so far away from each other that they don't try to engage.

Nope not at all, most probably the older version of BDA. 

@Skellig Good luck lad, this guy is my mate, @jrodriguezhe is going to add his craft to the hanger tomorrow lad :D 

8 minutes ago, Skellig said:

Dear @jrodriguez

I am the friend of "KenjiKrafts". As he mentioned, i wish to join, as you mentioned in your reply i can.

Tell me this one, lad, how do i formally enter and submit craft to you?

Much love, your new mate, Skellig. 

Hi Skellig! You are more than welcome. 

Regarding submitting the craft. All the instructions are described on the first post of the thread.  I suggest to read it completely first. 

Now I got sick of the Sakura and all its problems so I made this - https://gyazo.com/678427b8dd817c8a402c88c9912482d5 - Blanked out the flags as it may offend some, meet the Wülfennacht 448 Falke, cool name huh? :cool: 

Its a jet that's got a twist, it can take 21G's during a turn. 

Do a 145 degree turn in a second. 

And if that's not enough its tri-engine.

All within the part count. 

You could have all this for a egg! Yes folks this isn't a y o l k all this for a measly egg.

Cya on the battlegrounds, Kenji :D 

13 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Now I got sick of the Sakura and all its problems so I made this - https://gyazo.com/678427b8dd817c8a402c88c9912482d5 - Blanked out the flags as it may offend some, meet the Wülfennacht 448 Falke, cool name huh? :cool: 

Its a jet that's got a twist, it can take 21G's during a turn. 

Do a 145 degree turn in a second. 

And if that's not enough its tri-engine.

All within the part count. 

You could have all this for a egg! Yes folks this isn't a y o l k all this for a measly egg.

Cya on the battlegrounds, Kenji :D 

@KenjiKrafts I have tested your craft and again..and this the 3rd time. your plane CAN'T TAKE OFF FROM WATER. WHY ARE YOU ADDING LANDING LEGS? HAVE YOU READ THE !?%&* RULES ?

19 hours ago, aleksey444 said:

Hi, guys.

I have seen this sometimes, but I don't know yes the root cause of it. Maybe you can send me your craft file and I will take a look.

15 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

yup

15 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I have seen this sometimes, but I don't know yes the root cause of it. Maybe you can send me your craft file and I will take a look.

Hi JR, in all my hours (too many) of bug hunting BDA and weaps in general I've found that this can usually be tracked down to other mods causing game errors,

As you know I'm no coder so can't give the exact why, however the more stable the game environment the better the BD AI runs,  generally it seems that games that have logs ( i see a lot of logs)  full of spam and NullRefs will have a glitchy AI performance  A look at that particular games KSP.log would point towards whats upsetting things

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

KenjiKrafts I have tested your craft and again..and this the 3rd time. your plane CAN'T TAKE OFF FROM WATER. WHY ARE YOU ADDING LANDING LEGS? HAVE YOU READ THE !?%&* RULES ?

It works fine for me, there is no landing legs on the plane what plane did you test?

It works great on my copy so I don't know why its not for you the forward flap can be changed to pitch but it honestly works fine for me.

Just now, KenjiKrafts said:

It works fine for me, there is no landing legs on the plane what plane did you test?

It works great on my copy so I don't know why its not for you the forward flap can be changed to pitch but it honestly works fine for me.

https://kerbalx.com/KenjiKrafts/Wlfennacht-448-Falke .

This one

Just now, KenjiKrafts said:

Yeah that works 100%, I will make a GIF when I get home.

download it again please and test it.

- It has 2 weapons managers and 3 AI module (please you should only have one of each).

- Not sure if it has enough fuel for 5 minutes of combat, please can you verify this too

- You have -1º of movement of the lasers it should be 0º

Just now, jrodriguez said:

download it again please and test it.

- It has 2 weapons managers and 3 AI module (please you should only have one of each).

- Not sure if it has enough fuel for 5 minutes of combat, please can you verify this too

- You have -1º of movement of the lasers it should be 0º

I will amend 

Does any one know how to fix this problem? I cant test a thing!

https://gyazo.com/4ca0485eb29787183b103272c15360ca

https://gyazo.com/94ff0b730c576b9481cb22a4e2658a9f

If you can help, thanks a lot!

This is during in atmospheric flying. I wish to test AI vs AI, but this happens. The other craft will not do a thing, even tho the AI is on. THe one that i switch to is the active one, and i cant switch to the other and it remain inactive until my active plane fly's near the inactive. Its really annoying

Edited by Skellig

2 hours ago, Skellig said:

Does any one know how to fix this problem? I cant test a thing!

https://gyazo.com/4ca0485eb29787183b103272c15360ca

https://gyazo.com/94ff0b730c576b9481cb22a4e2658a9f

If you can help, thanks a lot!

This is during in atmospheric flying. I wish to test AI vs AI, but this happens. The other craft will not do a thing, even tho the AI is on. THe one that i switch to is the active one, and i cant switch to the other and it remain inactive until my active plane fly's near the inactive. Its really annoying

I would suggest using wing command or possibly just have the pilots on standby and change one planes team :D 

Edited by KenjiKrafts

7 hours ago, Draconiator said:

Okay bad news good news.  Bad news, I decided to trash the craft I was making.  Good news?  I made a MUCH smaller one that will do well, I just have to figure out how to make it float.

It is not difficult to make it float, some empty fuel deposits in the belly should be enough

I want to throw my hat into the ring, now that I've got a plane that can perform reasonably. I have a question about setting up the AI pilot.

Are there any limitations to the settings for the AI pilot, Hard deck for the combat? Max airspeed? Engagement range? (I.E. range that the pilots will start shooting at each other).

I take it for the X-10 laser you're supposed to set it's gimbal limits to 0 so that it can only face in the direction it's mounted on the airframe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.