Beriev Be-10 Flying Boat

I threw this together this morning and I have to say I'm extraordinarily pleased with the final design.  This replica of the Beriev Be-10 flying boat is very easy to fly, to the point that if you engage SAS on the runway and bury the throttles this large tail dragger will lift it's tail, then take off into level flight without a single control input.  As a consequence it is incredibly well balanced and maneuverable at all stages of flight, and a general joy to fly

BERIEV Be-10 Flying Boat

STATS

Parts - 102
Weight - 29.523t
Height - 9.4m
Width - 22.5m
Length - 21.8m

Powerplant - 2 x J-33 Wheesley Turbofans

CRAFT FILE

VoxE51P.png

nPfY4aW.png

NQGpKmT.png

EXAMPLE MISSION REPORT

SM

3 minutes ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

Sweet, downloading now

Great!  Just bear in mind that it is fueled to a level that works (i.e. the majority of the fuel tanks are totally empty).  It's still got something like 1,300 units so plenty for the given task.  If you wanted to experiment with heavier fuel loads it's probably best to add fuel at the rear, otherwise water take-offs become challenging.

Good luck!

SM

6 minutes ago, Rath said:

How come the tail has no end caps?

It's an aesthetic choice for the overall look of the aircraft.  Beriev designs quite often feature a blunt tail (the Be-200 is another good example).  There's no stock part that suitably ends in the correct taper.  Consider this image:

Image result for beriev be10

A rounded end cap would spoil the over all look of the plane.

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.