The Pet Thread

Tex

Howdy, everybody!

I'm one of those people that enjoys having a pup around the house, and I've noticed a severe lack of pet picture sharing threads here. I figure the time is right for a new one. Feel free to post pictures of your pets, big and small, and few or many.

Say hello to Tank:

Spoiler

E2Y2HzW.jpg?1

Spoiler

dXKmB2K.jpg

Spoiler

IWgjgAF.jpg

He's a brindle Boxer, I believe 6 years old, and tough enough to be a good wrestling partner. He loves meeting new people, taking up all the room on my bed, and wiping his face all over your leg right after he takes a big drink of water.

This is Eli, named after the legendary actor Eli Wallach.

Spoiler

He's 10 years old this month, and the biggest cat I've ever met, tipping the scales at nearly 8.5kg. Whenever I'm somewhere and see another cat, I have to remind myself that they're not tiny, I just share a house with a mammoth. But he's also incredibly timid. I know somebody's about to knock on the door because he's dashed out to the bedroom to to hide under my bed.

Spoiler

For some reason, he really really likes sleeping on pizza boxes. I keep a few old boxes around for him, much to the consternation of... pretty much anybody who visits.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Tex said:

I think that last photo is one of the very rare times I actually saw a cat smile.

I know right. They're frequently happy, but it's hard to catch them being as open about it as your average dog. :) 

Speaking of dogs....

Here's mine. You might notice he looks similar to my avatar. That's intentional, though they're not the same dog.

Spoiler

KIgs2G9.jpg

(That's my neighbor in the background.)

He's 9 years old this month, and it's hard to believe. I remember the night we got him, my brother said, "All my dreams have come true!"

Becuase I am nice, here's a second one.

Spoiler

noRakfB.jpg

He's older now, but sometimes he'll still act like a puppy and go sprinting around whoever is walking him. :D

I gave asylum to this little stray killer machine. After a few months roaming around the house we went to cure the parasites and now it apparently is quite relaxed ... Only sometimes i have to clean after it, mainly partly devoured lizards that lost the ability to escape after gears were chewed off or mice that escaped between the furniture. Dead mice deposited in front of the bedroom door are meant to be presents and the cat deserves a commendation.

Hair on the keyboards is a very minor problem.

Spoiler

Kp3ikn9.jpg

This is Mocha.

Spoiler

I1dsbwP.jpg

10% this

Spoiler

Od392I9.jpg

80% this

Spoiler

The bed stealer.q5J0Jc5.jpg

and 10% this

Spoiler

Look at him peeping through the holes, does this alot.

VrFvfuk.jpg

And the Kit Kat, Twilight.

Spoiler

98% this, also a bed stealer. 

cRoxLIX.jpg

Spoiler

dR9beTP.jpg

They get jealous of each other easily.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.