Vessel Sorting

The Tracking Station GUI hasn't changed since v0.20 and, at the moment, it sorts craft exclusively by MET. While this does give it some kind of order, it does mean that once your list of active vessels starts to stretch into the dozens and beyond it becomes very hard to keep track of all the different craft-a system for sorting how vessels are displayed in the UI would go a long way to easing problems relating to vessel overload. You would have the default MET sorter, but also options to sort active craft by name (alphabetically) and by MNV (so you don't have to watch for flashing numbers). Also, it would be very useful to be able to group them by vessel type (probe, ship, station etc) in their own sub-lists and be able to pin frequently visited vessels to the top of the list to save scrolling down every time, but these are perhaps surplus to requirements.

EDIT: I may have forgotten to check the common UI suggestions list first.

Edited by voicey99

There have been similar suggestions.  The original post in this thread efficiently expresses the core desire.

A relatively new contributor made a nice mod for this

I realize the purpose of the original post, and of the sub-forum, is to make suggestions for stock, and I agree that vessel sorting would be quite good to have in the stock game.  I recommend ManeuverQueue for use now, and as a concrete demonstration of (nearly?) what is being suggested here.

Edited by OHara

1 hour ago, GluttonyReaper said:

I'd also say that all of this could be applied to the VAB/SPH vessel lists, maybe even with a folder system.

For that matter, when loading a ship in the editor, it'd be nice to be able to browse my whole computer, to find a ship I built in a different install. Not that it's that hard to tab out, find it in File Explorer and copy it over, but still...

Sorting of lists. I want to sort (and filter) all kinds of lists in KSP.

Sort (and filter) vessel list in tracking station by: Name, MET, time to next Maneuver node, SOI, Type

Sort (and filter) Kerbal list in Astronaut building by: Name, Profession, XP, Rank, Vessel they are on, MET (last two for the assigned tab).

Sort (and filter) Part list (in VAB / SPH) by: Name, price, weight

In general I want more sorting (and a bit more filtering) in all lists in KSP. Please.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.