So how would you report this ship-shattering bug?

Though I'm putting this in the modded forum, the same problem happens with no mods.

Put simply, I've found a couple situations where my fuel station shakes itself apart, and it's not obvious what the actual trigger is. 

Here are two saves which show the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3tt82xN7ijMdk8yaTQtSGo1bnM/view?usp=sharing

With the first one, one ship is approaching the station, which already has two ships docked to it via claws (three if you count an extension via large docking port).  When you get within about 250m, the station starts shaking, increasingly violently, until it falls apart with copious explosions.  If you switch over and detach the two claw-attached ships, the catastrophe doesn't occur.  When I re-attached them in series (one clawed to station, the other clawed to the first), no future shaking occurred in that session.

In the second save, the two ships are gone, but the approaching one from the first save is now docked at the rear via the large docking port.  The station has just been switched to, to check on fuel creation progress.  Despite there being no issues for a few orbits previously (even with another large ship docked near the top for while), it now starts shaking not long after loading the save, and falls apart.  The shaking does not occur if you detach the ship at the rear.  If you detach shortly after the shaking begins, it stops, with no damage (wait too long, and it stops but not before wreaking havoc).

So, any ideas on what the actual root problem is here?  There's no SAS involved.  I don't think there's any part clipping.  I know using the claws has been buggy in the past, but the second save has no claw attachments (though there are three present - two on the station, one on the docked ship).  I'm at a loss how to describe this bug beyond "This is bad; make it stop."

Sounds like the typical phantom forces problem. As I recall, the Klaw is NOT a good idea for long-term "docking". It's meant for asteroids and temporarily joining two vessels together for either maneuvering or resource transfer. Beyond that, you should be using docking ports for anything long-term. You get proper connections that way. The way the Klaw joins vessels together is atypical from what I can tell. I wouldn't be surprise if reloading Klawed vessels back into physics range causes problems. Otherwise, the two Klaws attaching to one common vessel are fighting one another. Again, I don't think the Klaw uses the same type of joints that normal parts connections and docking ports use. Don't take my word on that, though.

To date, I think I've used the Klaw exactly once; it was WAY back in 0.90 not long after I got KSP and wanted to rescue a ship stuck in orbit with a kerbal in it. I've attempted to use the Klaw since, designing debris tugs, but I've yet to put those to actual use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.