The Planet Saver Challenge

Your mission, should you choose to accept it:

Take an asteroid and put it on a collision course with Kerbin, then send up another space ship to redirect it.
I'm kidding. All you have to do is just put a small, energy efficient satellite into orbit.

RULES:

• You can use mods.
  • You can use any way of transportation you want (SSTO, Rocket, HyperEdit, F12, etc.)
  • You CANNOT be void of any source of power. It MUST have a power source of some kind.
  • For extra humour, use the nuclear engines on your rocket. You're reducing energy but causing a slight fallout.
  • For proof, you must take a picture/video. Not that typed confirmations are wrong, it's just that I'd like to know if you legitimately did it or not.
  • Your satellite must be small. That's the only limit. Rocket size, plane size, orbit size, those don't matter. The satellite size does.

Can't wait to see what y'all did!
Most importantly, have fun!

(...but if you do the asteroid one, let me know.)

7 hours ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

I don't like to be the one to complain, but how is that related to saving kerbin, and why does it need to be small, and what should it have?

T'was just an Earth day challenge, my dude! It's small because that means less space junk (I'll clean up mine eventually) and it needs to have electrical power, or, more preferably, solar power. My satellite in the video contains both.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.