Randomly generated Solar Systems (reviving the idea)

Hey everyone,

This is #1 - This is #2

It's been a really long time since this had been suggested, and the answers were always suspecting that the Unity 4 engine cannot do that. But here we are, after a few years, running on the holy Unity 5. *fun note: the people in the threads above didn't know how Pluto looked like back then*

For those who don't like opening links, the idea basically suggested the option to, when making a new save, creating randomly generated solar systems (aka random planets and moons in random - not so crazy - orbits). Most of the answers were doubting that the old engine can handle that, and now, this is why I'm here.

With the current Unity 5, and the extremely amazing mod makers here, is this possible to implement? I understand how hard it'd be, since the random seeds would need a lot of algorithms that'd generate different gravity, atmospheres, orbits, terrain, etc.

I remember some SQUAD devs talking about this, and how they want the game to be the same universe but different experiences. But the idea is suggesting a MOD (which is always optional) to add that, for people (like me) who enjoy exploring more than anything else and feel like the game is getting repetitive.

So tell me what you think about this. I think it'd be amazing to have a mod doing that. Yes I know there are many different solar systems here (and that I can make one myself) but having random and infinite possibilities would be beyond awesome!

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

A slightly more complicated process, but basically what you're asking for:

That's a pretty cool mod. Although the main idea was to start out with a different solar system. Meaning that Kerbin would (possibly) be the same, but everything outside would be different, randomly generated.

But the thing with this mod is that it's still developing, I tried it out and the planets/moons are not unique which isn't really what I'm asking for. But as I said it's developing and it's planned to have unique planets although I'm not sure if that's on the priority list because this mod focuses on other stuff as well.

So having a mod specifically made to generate different solar systems would be better overall.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.