Starmods: WASD Editor Camera Continued!

SQUAD

21 hours ago, SQUAD said:
tumblr_inline_ooz5iccHf31rr2wit_540.png

Linuxgurugamer is happy to announce the release of WASD Editor Camera Continued. It’s  available on Spacedock.info and is in CKAN! Check it out: https://goo.gl/0zF2OI

ummm, I really appreciate the callout, but this was released  more than 1 1/2 years ago:  Posted September 21, 2015

A nice mod. Nothing wrong with it, as it is quite good - actually really good!

But still, the tendency of Squad to promote random mods without any due diligence or deep thinking really just shows they are lacking in time or energy concerning communications.

No negatives against @linuxgurugamer as his/her mods are fab!

@SQUAD might consider doing a bit more research regarding versions and release dates of mods prior to promoting them.

In this example they might have simply prefaced the OP saying, "although released more than a year ago, this mod is still relevant because..." (and then actually stating why)

Come on guys! :(

Personal feeling: if the mod is still relevant, is a disclaimer stating such really necessary? The negativity toward Squad posts is becoming one of those internet fads that everyone just agrees with because it's the trendy thing to do. 

Moderator feeling: Quite a few off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Personal feeling: if the mod is still relevant, is a disclaimer starting such really necessary? The negativity toward Squad posts is becoming one of those internet fads that everyone just agrees with because it's the trendy thing to do. 

Moderator feeling: Quite a few off-topic posts have been removed from this thread. 

I sincerely hope that my (intended) constructive criticism of communications style is not interpreted as negative - It was not intended to be negative.  @SQUAD can definitely do better. However, I have not seen a consistent effort yet. 

Take the dev blog as an example - Effort here is still needed. There has been very little input, only few entries, even after a promise to create more entries on a regular basis.

13 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

If you still want to find fault with Squad's communications, please start a thread for it. This thread is about Squad trying to commend a modmaker for being helpful to the community. 

Thank you. I will consider this.

Still... This is a really good mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.