Fast Ways To Add Lots Of Kerbals To A Game

AWESOMEPIEMAN

Hi all! I've been messing around with a variant of KSP that I created with a large combination of mods and a lot of .cfg edits to create the closest thing to a sci-fi experience that I can. Before anyone grills me for being a cheapskate cheater be advised that I also have a RSS/RO variant of the game that I use just as frequently :P. Anyways... In this game I am dealing with ships that have crew capacities of sometimes upwards of 1000+ kerbals. My question is are there any ways (or mods) that y'all are aware of that could allow me to add a metric butt-load of kerbals to my ranks? I'm not necessarily looking for to fill all my ships to the brim, but something just feels a little off when I have a 600 meter long carrier in orbit that has a crew of two. You know what I mean? Obviously I'm aware of using the debug menu to add kerbals or hiring a grouping of them from the AC and then time warping to hire more. Neither of these methods seem to be fast enough for me and I don't really want to sit around for a half hour just spawning in kerbals. Anyone have thoughts? Oh... and I have pics if anyone wants to see that supercarrier. :wink:

I'd love to know the answer when you find one since I'm in the same boat; I have giant passenger aircraft capable of carrying 100+ Kerbals and it kinda feels pointless hauling 3 kerbals around Kerbin with no crew and AC spamming over and over takes far too long when it generates 4-8 Kerbals 

Install USI buy Kerballs in 10x packs. 

Faster way? I don't think it is one there. Because you can buy them without recovery time. 

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

16 minutes ago, Urses said:

Install USI buy Kerballs in 10x packs. 

Faster way? I don't think it is one there. Because you can buy them without recovery time. 

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

@Urses do you think you could provide a specific download to the mod you are talking about? I'm familiar with USI and I think I have a mod or two from them, but I'm not sure which one specifically adds the feature you are talking about.

In the black magic section of techniques you can just add more entries to the ROSTER section of the persistent.sfs

KERBAL
  {
   name = <rand.name>
   gender = <rand.gender>
   type = Crew
   trait = <rand.job>
   brave = <rand.between 0,1>
   dumb =
<rand.between 0,1>
   badS = <rand.TF>
   veteran = True
   tour = False
   state = Available
   inactive = False
   inactiveTimeEnd = 0
   gExperienced = 0
   outDueToG = False
   ToD = 0
   idx = -1
   extraXP = 0
   CAREER_LOG
   {
    flight = 0
   }
   FLIGHT_LOG
   {
    flight = 0
   }

}

Excel  or spreadsheet software of choice will help to create the 100 or so you're after.

Edited by steuben

@AWESOMEPIEMAN

Not a Problem

This mode integrates 10 new kerbal klasses anf adopts a old mode for Kerbal hiring.

For a small bug workaround dont scale UI below 100%.  You can hire Kerbals up to lvl 3 with your change for sex anf stats and have a bulkhire option.

MKS and Tools must be up to date.

Have fun

Urses

@Urses Oh, well that's the exact mod I have. I'll have to mess around and figure out the way that you are talking about for hiring multiple crew members at a time. Thank you by the way!

@steuben Do I literally just copy and paste what you wrote (word for word/character for character) into the roster section or do I need to fill any of those values out first? (I'm a novice level programmer... and by that I mean I can figure out how to change some of the stuff inside the KSP files. :P ) And thank you too for your help!

Edited by AWESOMEPIEMAN

just about. there's a fair bit of place holder there.

<rand.name> the name of the kerbal

<rand.gender> male/female

<rand.job> scientist, pilot, engineer

<rand.TF> True/false

<rand.between 0,1> something between 0 to 1

@AWESOMEPIEMAN

Look at astronaut Complex. 

Direktly below the class fields is a Slider for bulkhire from 1 to 10 kerbals. You get up to 10 of one class. And realy dumb+Cowardly kerbals give you money and dont cost you anything at the moment. Bit this is more likely a miscalculation and will maybe be corrected in next upgrade.

Have fun.

Urses 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.