AMD Ryzen performance in KSP

1 minute ago, steve_v said:

LOL. That's my daily amusement sorted.

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sounds like garden variety AMD fanboyism to me.

Got any real benchmarks? Or evidence to back up that "no 8 core CPUs" bit?

Ofcourse I do know NOTHING.

http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

See? 4 cores, 8 threads. Why would an I7 be 8core? 

1 hour ago, HunHarcos said:

Ofcourse I do know NOTHING.

http://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

See? 4 cores, 8 threads. Why would an I7 be 8core? 

So what? 4 cores, 8 threads, clearly labelled as such, no lies at all.

The I7-6900k has 8 physical cores, so "intel has no 8 core" is patently untrue as well.

@steve_v You did the same thing I did and skipped ahead, missing all the posts that addressed the issue already. The mods are eyeing this thread now for content, so let's try to keep on topic as that issue has been dealt with already. If you wish, you may look at the spoiler in my reply addressing that particular post. Just don't comment any further on it. As you can see, @HunHarcos as already admitted to his error.

53 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

@steve_v You did the same thing I did and skipped ahead, missing all the posts that addressed the issue already. The mods are eyeing this thread now for content, so let's try to keep on topic as that issue has been dealt with already. If you wish, you may look at the spoiler in my reply addressing that particular post. Just don't comment any further on it. As you can see, @HunHarcos as already admitted to his error.

Indeed I did, my appologies. I just can't let that level of misinformation alone.

Also, sorry for all the full-quoting, this forum being totally broken on mobile and all I have little choice.

As for ryzen, it looks a lot like AMD is still going for lots of cores to make up for (relatively) slower per-core performance. I'd love to be proven wrong on that, but if it's the case ryzen probably isn't the optimal CPU for KSP...