Career Contracts In KSP Demo?

OK guys... I'll throw my hands up in shame and admit that if I feel like a bit of KSP but not want to take it too seriously, I load up the Demo version and away I go!

There was a time I simply went straight to Sandbox but then I tried the career mode, and it's actually not a bad wee game.  It's not the full KSP, but it's not a disaster either.  But the one thing I can't figure out is how many contracts you can take on before Mission Control is closed?  I used to think it was a fixed number, but it isn't; in some games you might get six or seven, in others only four.  I then thought maybe no more contracts would be available once a certain amount of money was in the account, but nope it's not that either.  I've been bordering on 700k at times before MC was closed, while in others I scarcely make 500k.  So maybe it's one specific contract that is the catalyst for closing the building.  I grew suspicious about Orbit Kerbin, but I can now definitely rule that one out, the last time I tried the Demo I didn't even get accepting it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks everyone.

Hrm, its abot 2 years ago i played the demo...

If i remember right, mission conrol is closed after reaching orbit first time - so go suborbital, do as many contracts as possible to gain founds and science. After you have unlocked all science and have gotten enough founds finally accept the orbit-contract (and maybe some more contracts) then head for Mun and Minmus.

After buying the full version i felt like a man sitting his whole life in a wheelchair and a simple surgery made me walk :D

Edited by Draalo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.