nothing to see

Been suggested multiple times and I'd be for it. Granted it'd also like some method of traveling my rovers on the go too since they're slow at times and progress would be nice while I'm on the way home or something of that kind. 

Travel at 20m/s for 20 minutes on the way home 5 days of the week; that's 120km a week. Maybe double it since I also got to get to work, so 240km. Not bad!

Personally, I'd never use this because you really can't make a full editor using only touchscreen mobile devices. Not only would the screen be annoyingly small and way too cluttered, but using touch controls to to try to do anything other than attaching in-line parts to node would be a real pain. Radial attatchment, rotation, translation, and other editor functions would be frustrating and not worth the effort. Also, the lack of usability of modded parts would be a dealbreaker for many players. Overall, Squad has plenty of work they can do on the actual game before they go for gimmick things like this. 

11 hours ago, Dat_Coffee said:

Personally, I'd never use this because you really can't make a full editor using only touchscreen mobile devices. Not only would the screen be annoyingly small and way too cluttered, but using touch controls to to try to do anything other than attaching in-line parts to node would be a real pain. Radial attatchment, rotation, translation, and other editor functions would be frustrating and not worth the effort. Also, the lack of usability of modded parts would be a dealbreaker for many players. Overall, Squad has plenty of work they can do on the actual game before they go for gimmick things like this. 

touch screen can be made to do what, it maynot be the best, but gamepad controlls are crap compared to a mouse and keyboard and people still use them. but i did specifically mean tablets not small phones.

10 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

This is something that frankly isnt needed. They have so so much more to prioritize first that it just isnt feasable.  Also as others said such small screens and touch screens make it all the more complicated

on your rational the entire game 'quite frankly isn't needed' but this is something from a business perspective makes sense, look at fallout app. im not suggestion a new feature for the game they have already completed and don't make money on by refining, im suggestion something i would like that they could actually get paid for. no gameplay just the builder.

as for people using it. look at the paid companions for other games, there is enough business to make them viable. and this would be more entertaining than most.

This may have been a better first step for Squad outside of Windows/PC. Many players spend their time just laying on the floor, getting things done in the SPH. It would be great to have cross-platform ability just to exercise creativity and contemplate a ship design (or several) on the go.

19 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

look at the paid companions for other games, there is enough business to make them viable.

Yes but the pain companions for most games are just simple stat tracker type apps, or minigames based on the full game, not complex editors

@Space Kadet Thats a gross misinterpretation of my words.

1. This game needs work elsewhere first. Examples: long persistent bugs need addressing, a unifying art pass to bring the graphics to a more current and coherent form, localization, making this game consistent via all platforms, addressing the cannot deploy while stowed yet clearly isnt stowed but on the outside of a cargo bay thats closed glitch (ran head long into this again a day ago) to name but a few.

2. The vab for example would be so crowded on a mobile device as to be useless, not to mention touch screens, especially SMALL screens are not precise enough to handle the complexities of building a well balanced craft.

17 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Space Kadet Thats a gross misinterpretation of my words.

1. This game needs work elsewhere first. Examples: long persistent bugs need addressing, a unifying art pass to bring the graphics to a more current and coherent form, localization, making this game consistent via all platforms, addressing the cannot deploy while stowed yet clearly isnt stowed but on the outside of a cargo bay thats closed glitch (ran head long into this again a day ago) to name but a few.

2. The vab for example would be so crowded on a mobile device as to be useless, not to mention touch screens, especially SMALL screens are not precise enough to handle the complexities of building a well balanced craft.

i get the cannot be deployed glitch as a persistent bug, but thats the only one i deal with, but as far as porting to other consoles, that in its self is akin to what im asking for, a port to another system, just with stripping out alot of the features out. Localisation is cool but althow it may in its self generate money none of this other stuff will.

and again, im not talking about small screens! im talking about tablets, and that is very possible because i use a CAD platform on both ipad and ipad mini, so if you can run touch screen then im sure you can run the VAB which is on par with the autocad app.

Im suggesting a whole new game market, and remember that fallout shelter, the liquidpoor companion to fallout brought in over $7 million so far and may be as much as 13mil(hard to get figures for the latter half of 2016), but either way what im suggesting is far more interesting a game even if you could just build and view them. 

thow i will concede it may not be a well balenced craft, it would still be fun, and you could port it to your game and tune it from there (neocom for eve has a fitting section where you do just that).

@Space Kadet

1. Squad is not a triple a design house like Bethesda. Squad is a small and humble indie game front that was born from a commercial advertising company. They simply do not have the manpower OR resources to do such a port. Afaik

What you do not seem to realize is just how complicated, how expensive or just how much red tape a company must go through for every single platform and every single os and every single patch they do. Its not one and done. Never will be.

2. You are a niche person. They cannot expect a person to get a CAD system for a tablet. Also a tablet screen IS tiny compared to a computers monitor or a tv screen. I wont even get into the logistics of a stripped down variant.

3. They have many priorities long AND short term that must and will come first, heck they are rumored to be trying to find a way to make a game that is inherently incompatible with multiplayer be compatible with multiplayer, a task that has years of work stamped on its forehead as just one impending project out there.

4. Does your project accept only computer or console as well?

so in summation i ask you to answer the following: how do they (squad) pay for the licenses, dev time and any other associated costs? How do they do your project with current resources and NOT do harm to quality of the known higher priority projects? 

im sure there is more but this should suffice for now. I see too many roadblocks to your idea, too much red tape and too high a cost.

Edited by AlamoVampire