The Next DLC

Mods, admins, 

Any ideas on future dlcs? Any chance of adding things like RSS and RO to the stock game? Or perhaps a new planet system with bigger planets? Perhaps adding climate? Would be nice flying in heavy rain and wind. 

Something to add more of a challenge to get in orbit, landing on a moon, etc. As it stands, stock is just too easy. Just the other day I saw a video where in a single launch the guy visited the mun and back 3x with the same rocket. Things like ssto make me laugh. 

There are a lot of us that are more than ready for the next step, a bigger challenge. To conquer something we previously couldn't is what keeps us going. Adding new parts and historic missions is all fine and dandy to some of us who haven't mastered the kerbol system, or non-mod users, and that's fine. I don't think this dlcs should be changed, it's fine for what it is and for whom it's intended. But what about future plans? Any chance increasing the realism and difficulty could be considered for future expansions? Keeping in mind dlc content is optional. This one doesn't scratch the itch for a very large chunk of us, so perhaps the next one should be directed at us. 

And for pete's sake, give us clouds. Volumetric ones.

Moderators and Administrators know nothing more than you or me know and even if they did, they're bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreements) not to tell them.

So your out of luck for them telling you and Squad rarely tells what's their focus outside of the KSP Weekly. 

So your best bet is to look there for future changes. 

For a new DLC I would love to see some near future stuff, possibly based off of 2001: A Space Odyssey and it's sequels. (I would love to do a Joolian aerobrake with the Leonov

43 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Moderators and Administrators know nothing more than you or me know and even if they did, they're bound by NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreements) not to tell them.

So your out of luck for them telling you and Squad rarely tells what's their focus outside of the KSP Weekly. 

So your best bet is to look there for future changes. 

Im not asking for intel, Im trying to open a dialogue.

I think dlcs could include features that were implemented in mods - but mods that have been abandoned long ago. There is no need to expanding game features (for money) in the same direction as current mods do it (for free).

3 hours ago, JeeF said:

Any chance of adding things like RSS and RO to the stock game?

Why would you want Squad to do that? You're already getting literally thousands of labor-hours in research for free in those mods. Squad would "do it wrong", and not because they're incompetent but because they don't have the gritty enthusiasm for historical accuracy or the time to put in late nights poring over obscure links found in labyrinthian Google searches to figure out what the isp of a S5.221 hydrazine thruster is or how much high-test peroxide the RD-107/108 uses to drive its turbopump.

3 hours ago, JeeF said:

Something to add more of a challenge to get in orbit, landing on a moon, etc. As it stands, stock is just too easy. Just the other day I saw a video where in a single launch the guy visited the mun and back 3x with the same rocket. Things like ssto make me laugh. 

There are a lot of us that are more than ready for the next step, a bigger challenge. To conquer something we previously couldn't is what keeps us going. Adding new parts and historic missions is all fine and dandy to some of us who haven't mastered the kerbol system, or non-mod users, and that's fine. I don't think this dlcs should be changed, it's fine for what it is and for whom it's intended. But what about future plans? Any chance increasing the realism and difficulty could be considered for future expansions? Keeping in mind dlc content is optional. This one doesn't scratch the itch for a very large chunk of us, so perhaps the next one should be directed at us. 

You're just going to end up mastering that challenge too and then you'll be right back here going "that's too easy". Go make an RO/RSS install with Principia, or find some combination of stock mods that increase the complexity of gameplay management. The options are out there, Squad's just not going to provide that. They're making a game that's "accessible".

3 hours ago, JeeF said:

And for pete's sake, give us clouds. Volumetric ones.

+1

Some sort of authentic astronomy gameplay would be nice. A DLC could contain a skybox upgrade and parts for space telescopes, and then let you search the skies for interesting stuff. We could track near-Kerbin asteroids, our own space stations, distant galaxies, and of course planets and exoplanets.

(Yes, I've played ResearchBodies and Tarsier Space Technology. They're not bad, but the "Click button to research planet" mechanic has got to go.)

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...

my idea for a future dlc idea

''home sweet home'' dlc

at the beginning of a new career, you can choose multiple places on kerbin for a launch complex

easy difficulty career's lock all launch complexes far away from the equator, making it easier to launch or rendezvous

also, different looking ones, for example one looking like baikonur with its one-side-open-smoke-hole-thingy-me-bob and a long railroad track leading up to the vab, the whole launch complex being far away from the launchpad 

also, you can buy multiple launch complexes later on in the game, but some are more expensive then others, because of location and stuff... 

this dlc will also contain a custom launch complex editor where you can place all the buildings however or where ever you want, like placing 2 runways, so if you re-enter you're spaceshuttle from another angle, you can still land it on a runway

all of this will also be avalible in sandbox, but offcourse everything is free

I would like there to be a DLC thats adds in Sci-Fi like technology. It also would be awesome for there to be some planets the community made on this forum. There is alot of Sci-Fi in the Lounge on this forum that are awesome.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:39 AM, HebaruSan said:

Some sort of authentic astronomy gameplay would be nice. A DLC could contain a skybox upgrade and parts for space telescopes, and then let you search the skies for interesting stuff. We could track near-Kerbin asteroids, our own space stations, distant galaxies, and of course planets and exoplanets.

(Yes, I've played ResearchBodies and Tarsier Space Technology. They're not bad, but the "Click button to research planet" mechanic has got to go.)

Did you ever use the Cacteye telescope mod? I really enjoyed that one, I don't know how it compares to the ones you listed though. It used Kerbal attachment system to allow you to upgrade the telescope, giving you a reason to send Kerbals out on "maintenance" missions. 

I think a DLC that includes systems for something similar to that along with the part failures we're getting in the announced DLC would be fun. People have been suggesting some form of stock KAS/KIS forever anyway and rolling that into a DLC that includes telescopes makes for a nice themed package. 

39 minutes ago, Orionkermin said:

Did you ever use the Cacteye telescope mod?

I don't believe I've had the pleasure. The name sounds familiar; I may have assumed it was just a parts mod, but if there's new gameplay as well, I may have to try it out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.