Unable to focus on planets / moons (in map or TS)

The Bug:

I cannot change focus on any planets or moons in either the tracking station or the map, however Tab and Shift-Tab works, so I am able to cycle through the bodies. I have made a video demonstrating the problem:

The Cause:

When the highly anticipated Kerbal Star System (KSS) mod version 0.6 was released, I installed a FRESH new version of KSP 1.2.2.  The ONLY mods installed are Kerbal Star System 0.6 and the required supporting mods, Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator. After installing KSS, the focus bug appeared. If I remove KSS from the Gamedata folder, the bug disappears. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I installed KSP on three different computers at three different locations and I get the same bug on all three PCs with KSS. According to @StarCrusher96, the author of KSS, there is only me and a few other people who have this problem. Everybody else's focus works perfect. 

@StarCrusher96 gave me a "fix" that worked only on one computer, but after starting KSP and exiting several times, the fix quit working (no other mods installed). His "fix" solved the problem only for the tracking station, but not in the map view. When his fix did work, pressing "Backspace" to reset view did not work. The fix consisted of another version of Kopernicus and Modular Flight Integrator.

@StarCrusher96 has looked into the problem and he found some lines in my output_log confirming the bug, but he is NOT able to find what is causing it.

Here are the lines of code he found:

Exception handling event OnCBIconClicked in class SpaceTracking:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PlanetariumCamera.GetTargetIndex (System.String targetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.CelestialBody body) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.Screens.SpaceTracking.onCBIconClicked (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[CelestialBody].Fire (.CelestialBody data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(CelestialBody)
OrbitRenderer:objectNode_OnClick(MapNode, Buttons)
KSP.UI.Screens.Mapview.MapNode:OnPointerUp(PointerEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerUpHandler, BaseEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

As instructed by StarCrusher96, I have posted the problem on the Kopernicus thread, but there has been no reply. Can someone please help? There are only like 3 or 4 people who are using KSS who are having this problem.

Here is my Output_log file:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AvUWxjgM4SuQhc5xdR3DYGahlxF00A

Edited by Voodoo8648

I'm not experienced with this but firstly try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. You could also try by reinstalling it from a different website as in personal experience uninstalling and reinstalling it from a different site helps.If the mod is on Ckan try installing it from there. This is all I really know about this issue

On 4/27/2017 at 6:34 PM, Astronaut #1 said:

I'm not experienced with this but firstly try uninstalling and reinstalling the mod. You could also try by reinstalling it from a different website as in personal experience uninstalling and reinstalling it from a different site helps.If the mod is on Ckan try installing it from there. This is all I really know about this issue

I have uninstalled and re-installed the mod several times from different sources, uninstalled KSP many times, and tried this on 3 different PCs. I've literally tried everything. There's a problem in the code or something with the mod.

Edited by Voodoo8648

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.