Skylon

SpaceX Discussion Thread

435 posts in this topic

(If anyone wonders how they got that video two years ago, when they weren't even talking about fairing recovery yet: a piece of rocket fairing debris washed up on a random beach, SpaceX was identified as the owner, and was asked to please come and clean up yo ITAR-laden junk, thank you very much. Turns out that the nose camera was on the thing, and they managed to salvage the SD card intact.)

6 people like this

After watching for an hour, I'm starting to suspect that the fairing GIF doesn't lead up to its eventual landing :/

5 people like this

11 hours ago, Scotius said:

Jeff Bezos and his Blue Origin will have to work very hard to grab a slice of  space pie for themselves :) BO will have to either offer even lower prices than SpaceX, or grab flights SpaceX can't do due to the lack of available hardware. Interesting times ahead :D 

With any luck the pie will expand to feed all-comers (mmmmm Space Pie :) ), although I haven't seen any plans for that which are much more than pie in the sky.

Okay, I'll stop now.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

(If anyone wonders how they got that video two years ago, when they weren't even talking about fairing recovery yet: a piece of rocket fairing debris washed up on a random beach, SpaceX was identified as the owner, and was asked to please come and clean up yo ITAR-laden junk, thank you very much. Turns out that the nose camera was on the thing, and they managed to salvage the SD card intact.)

Think that the fairing was so intact also got them interested in recovering it. Damage was from impact with water and from getting beached. 

2 people like this

11 hours ago, Lukaszenko said:

After watching for an hour, I'm starting to suspect that the fairing GIF doesn't lead up to its eventual landing :/

I did the same thing. I had my sound muted and so I didn't ever realize it was on a loop.

11 hours ago, Lukaszenko said:

Yeah, Elon musk said in the comments they recovered it though

2 minutes ago, insert_name said:

Yeah, Elon musk said in the comments they recovered it though

Yeah, but the fairing recovery vessel apparently never left port.

I cant seem to find the CRS-7 Mission webcast, did they delete it because of the boom?

51 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

I cant seem to find the CRS-7 Mission webcast, did they delete it because of the boom?

This one? 

1 person likes this