What do you do while ksp is loading?

munlander1

Depends on my situation. Sometimes I'm winding down some other project, and I let KSP load in the background. More often than not, I just watch the loading bar for anomalies. Usually there are none, but every now and then I notice an unexpected part or a particularly amusing loading hint. This practice has become significantly less interesting, now that there's that near-silent asset bundle phase, but my interest in modding has increased, so it more or less balances out. Load times are much faster now than the six-minute wait back when I was stuffing 0.20.2 to bursting with mods. Immediately after each update, the load times seem blazingly fast, but that's probably more to do with my sudden lack of mods than any actual decrease.

I know most of you guys are loading a bunch of mods, but I'm really surprised at the times mentioned. I'm only running a few mods myself, with 97 patches. It's a full 20 seconds before the 'Squad' logo shows at startup... 2:01.35 minutes to the main menu.

1 hour ago, LordFerret said:

I know most of you guys are loading a bunch of mods, but I'm really surprised at the times mentioned. I'm only running a few mods myself, with 97 patches. It's a full 20 seconds before the 'Squad' logo shows at startup... 2:01.35 minutes to the main menu.

Now I'm curious about your specs. I haven't measured my load times, and not to boast, I have 50 mods and 100 times as many patches as you do, and it loads in about the same time (I think). I'm also running on a 2-year old computer.

I've gotta measure my load time later. 2:22.06 with 50 mods and 8403 patches.

Edited by TotallyNotHuman_
Measured my load time, yo!

Sometimes I read. Other times I do a bit of calculations. Most of the time I stare into the cold dark emptiness of subatomic space like a hypnotized chicken looking deep into the depth of your soul...

Okay, not THAT much, but...you get the gist. Why say "do nothing" when you can elaborate the quack out of it?

Most at the time just wait for the game to be loaded at my seat, because it only takes like 60 seconds. But sometimes i take a ride in the toilet, or maybe i forget KSP and find out 20 minutes later.

41 minutes ago, Camacha said:

It might be time to upgrade to a pc with an NVMe drive.

Using a crappy laptop, no dedicated graphics card. 4gb's of ram too. Been crashing on world of tanks because if thermal control problems. I will soon be ditching this laptop.

Edited by munlander1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.