The "Complain About Your School" Thread

TotallyNotHuman

Not all of us have access to a quality education. Most of us are nerds. And some of us get bullied and/or otherwise ostracized because of our nerd status (or for some other reason, of course.)

Welcome to the "Complain About Your School" thread. Here, you can just vent out all the pent-up rage that you have for your school, and share it with the forums. (Just remember to not run afoul of the Forum Guidelines while you are venting, lest this thread be locked. :wink:)

Talk.

I have a feeling either @NSEP or @StupidAndy will top this thread...

The main problem? Homo sapiens. There are just so many stupid people who find the only pleasures in life to be acting like an idiot, making others feel like idiots, speaking about things bad enough to get a user banned, making fun of sensitive subjects, dressing up as 8-foot tall inflatable dinosaurs (don't ask), being "swag" or "hip" or "trendy", and trying to stick the not-so-nice finger at all authority (not literally, but you get what I mean).

Mods, I have replaced many things in here with phrases that I hope do not violate any forum rules. Just saying.

On March 30, 2017 at 7:04 PM, munlander1 said:

Kind of a necropost here, sorry about that :blush:.

But my science teacher thought that the sun, being a medium class star would become a neutron star...

He further said all massive stars become black holes.  

6a9cb5a2476d9742307af2a411f630ae.jpg

I did correct him on both of his claims by the way.

I don't have any huge complaints, but this is one of them

To be honest I was never really picked on through High School, It's weird probably because I knew at least a bunch of the jocks through Junior High School. Not to mention I made the argument that "Nerds aren't people they're candy" for future reference the Nerds I am talking about are those multi-coloured tiny globs of sugar. Besides by Senior year I was hanging with the jocks probably because I knew how to keep nosy Freshmen away from the jocks.

For your own protection, remember not to include any information which might indicate your location or identity if you are under 18 years of age, and even avoid anything which would indicate your age if you are under 13. Do not mention, for example, the name of your school or teachers, do not mention the grade you are in, and so on. If we moderators find anything like that in this thread, your post WILL be edited or removed. 

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

The main problem? Homo sapiens. There are just so many stupid people who find the only pleasures in life to be acting like an idiot, making others feel like idiots, speaking about things bad enough to get a user banned, making fun of sensitive subjects, dressing up as 8-foot tall inflatable dinosaurs (don't ask), being "swag" or "hip" or "trendy", and trying to stick the not-so-nice finger at all authority (not literally, but you get what I mean).

Mods, I have replaced many things in here with phrases that I hope do not violate any forum rules. Just saying.

my school is almost like that, just that you must think EXACTLY like the "popular view" or else you will be shamed forever

luckily I operate under the idea that the "popular ultra cool epic hip" thing is only popular in the part of the population that is the stupid part that thinks spacex is a satellite company, or owned by NASA, and if they watch star wars, think that star wars is scientific. so technically the popular thing in the nerdistic community is the popular thing, also that the "jocks" are...I don't think I should say this or else the moderators will snip this out...

but why with the inflatable dinosaur?

A post for me! Haha! I love complaining about stuff!

Chapter one in my new complaint encyclopedia series:

Students

The students are perhaps the most annoying thing about school, 90% of the students (esspecially females) tend to put on a ton of makeup, because since they just moved to a higher school, they think they are adults while they are actually like 12 years old, hell, im older and i think myself of as a kiddo! Then we have the clothing trends wich are odd as hell. Like the ripped pants trend, i dont get why you would buy pre-ripped pants, neither do i get why you feel comfortable in them. And the boys? They all look the same, shirt-pants-shoes-done! Boys are different creatures, i mean they never behave and never are serious in class, girls however behave more in class. And then we have breaktime, were i can take all the observations on how people behave. 

Teachers

Teachers are mostly innocent if it weren't for annoying students, the teachers tend to behave as good as possible. My history teacher for example looks like a pretty nice person outside school. But in class you will be kicked out for saying one word, with a ton of yelling and screaming from a 40yo man, kiddos don't like that, so the class tends to be silent at all times. But man, he is by far thr best teacher, and although the learning material of history is bad (will explain later) the teacher can tell a pretty good story, in an amazing paste, that is easy yet kind of adventurous to listen to. I like him. The rest, well, they are all the same, they cant keep the students silent, because they cant scream as hard. Wich means a bad lesson, all the time.

5 hours ago, Kerbal-Willie said:

My daughter is a junior attending the senior prom tonight.  Any suggestions? (Goes back to cleaning shotgun)

Yes, don't get in the way, and don't make things awkward. :wink:

I stopped school at 21 years old and kept such a bitter memory of the whole system. The main problem to me? The placement of the average line of knowledge at such a low level that the first of the idiot could be able to succeed. How saint and good for these poor guys you could think. But it was more a trap that anything else... how could we not be bothered by such a bad program and therefore be effective? Worse yet, that kind of program can obviously not work. The imbeciles remained imbeciles and those who hoped better were bored and therefore did nothing at school. And the good grades then? Well, they proved that you were just capable of thinking like an imbecile.

The perfect example to me is the first year of philosophy: it was possible to deal with all kinds of subjects, but only and solely by basing your thinking on the works of a recognized philosopher! And still, only the famous ones.

- You see my child, you have the right to develop your mind of course, but only by using another minds.

- Do you mean we can't think by ourselves?

- No, but yes.

It is unnecessary to specify the general imbecility of which my generation is suffering today.

7 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

To this day I have such a deep, burning hatred of my high school (and one vice-principal in particular) that I wouldn't know where or how to begin ranting... :mad:

Well, if you hadn't been such a rebel... :D

My school's computing teacher left at Christmas, and there isn't a new one yet. So my class's scheduled "computing" period consists of tidying up the music teachers room. And it doesn't help that along with science and technology studies, computing is one of the only subjects I'm actually interested in and enjoy. :mad:

And English is so utterly mind numbingly boring, It's challenging to think of a positive thought about it. (I actually really enjoy and spend a lot of time reading books, this isn't just personal dislike of the subject)

8 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Well, if you hadn't been such a rebel... :D

yeah... I had the nerve to be too smart... :wink:

I'll try and keep this from being political... but where I grew up there were two school districts... whose names shall remain anonymous. Now, by the time I was in 7th grade, I was 3 years ahead in science, and two in math, and my first year in Jr. High school I had colleges already checking me out.... I was a mega-geek, and loving it!!! 

Then my mom remarried, and I had to switch school districts.... and it all went bad. The second school district acted horrified that I could be so far ahead of anyone else, and treated me like some sort of freak... and absolutely did NOT want to hear anything about moving onto college early! 

It got so bad that in my 11th year of High School I had 2 classes, and all study halls... and one vice-principal in particular absolutely refused to let me take any kind of extra classes. But that was the year I turned 17, and a guidance counselor gave me an escape... She was also in the Army reserve, and hooked me up with a recruiter who promptly took me to another school, where I walked in, took my GED, passed with flying colors.... and THEN I went back to my school, handed a copy of the results to my hated vice-principal.... and walked out laughing. 

Two weeks later I was on my way to basic training, and many, many years after that I went back and earned two associate degrees in computers.

Edited by Just Jim

this is why i never went beyond my associates agree. i felt i was just wasting my time and money. if you want to learn something just rtfm. just go to the library and check out whatever textbook for whatever subject you want to take. read it in its entirety, and you will have all the knowledge you need to put it in practice. its probibly not enough to get a job in the field as they want credentials most of the time, and the only way to get those is to feed the scammers in the education industry, but its not like you will ever get to do what you wanted in the first place. school isnt about education, its about indoctrination.

Edited by Nuke