What happens when you don't sleep well:

cratercracker

Just found a list of 9 things to help you cure insomnia:

1. Get on a consistent sleeping schedule.

2. No blue light from screens of any kind 1 hour before bed.

3. Don't eat too late.

4. Exercise daily.

5. No caffeine after 1 pm.

6.  Use a white noise machine.

7. Use a sleep mask or some sunglasses.

8. Don't drink too much alcohol.

9. (Optional) Practise mindfulness/meditation.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

This thread speaks to me.

I for some reason have immense trouble sleeping before 2am, and that is on weekdays where I only end up with four hours of actual sleep a night. During weekends, I tend to go to sleep after the sun rises, many times not even knowing what time it actually is. Rarely, on occasion, I end up not sleeping in the morning (maybe because the sun makes me stay awake) and I end up staying over 50 hours awake at times, only going to sleep at 2am the next day, regardless of how tired I may be. I tend to have a completely broken sense of coordination when I stay two days up, with broken spirits and a general loss of inspiration or willingness to do anything. Everything becomes a chore. An hour last forever.

Don't stay up for days on end if you can help it guys. It really doesn't do you any good.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:58 AM, cratercracker said:

Hi my name is Cratercracker. I had problems with sleep since i was born.

So, this might be asking the obvious, but have you sought out medical help for this?

Just now, Camacha said:

So, this might be asking the obvious, but have you sought out medical help for this?

Sure i did. It didn't really help,i've been given som sort of sleep pills ,but i was sleepy all the day because of them.

Just now, cratercracker said:

Sure i did. It didn't really help,i've been given som sort of sleep pills ,but i was sleepy all the day because of them.

Did you see more than one professional? Pills are a crude way of dealing with sleep problems. Making changes in your life can help a lot and a professional can help you with that. Get into a rhythm, exercise enough (physically tiring yourself), mentally challenge yourself (mentally tiring yourself), eating properly or at least half decent.

Pills can be part of the plan, but I cannot image them being the only part of the plan.

1 minute ago, Camacha said:

Did you see more than one professional? Pills are a crude way of dealing with sleep problems. Making changes in your life can help a lot and a professional can help you with that. Get into a rhythm, exercise enough (physically tiring yourself), mentally challenge yourself (mentally tiring yourself), eating properly or at least half decent.

Pills can be part of the plan, but I cannot image them being the only part of the plan.

Sigh... I'm in the 6th grade,i have school from 8:00 (In the morning) to 17:00. and then i have maths/english/sports until 19:00. It is hard to be healthy for me, pills are the only way out.

1 minute ago, cratercracker said:

Sigh... I'm in the 6th grade,i have school from 8:00 (In the morning) to 17:00. and then i have maths/english/sports until 19:00. It is hard to be healthy for me, pills are the only way out.

You just said it does not really help, right?

Do you feel school is challenging enough? Do you get enough physical exercise?

Just now, Camacha said:

You just said it does not really help, right?

Do you feel school is challenging enough? Do you get enough physical exercise?

Of course it is challenging! Though i get stressed and nervous up on the night.

Badly done homework,exams,problems,bad reputation at school.

Why do you worry about homework and exams? Do you feel it is too challenging and you are in over your head, and maybe could use some help with it? Is it not challenging enough, so you get bored and do other things? Do you have a hard time getting started? Then worry about it and lose sleep, causing the next homework to be done suboptimally too?

(trying to help?that is honorable)

I have some experience with rhythms going off the rails, so I might have some useful pointers.

4 minutes ago, Camacha said:

Why do you worry about homework and exams? Do you feel it is too challenging and you are in over your head, and maybe could use some help with it? Is it not challenging enough, so you get bored and do other things? Do you have a hard time getting started? Then worry about it and lose sleep, causing the next homework to be done suboptimally too?

I have some experience with rhythms going off the rails, so I might have some useful pointers.

It is a basic thing that happens to teenadgers, being worried about the future, whether to fail or not.

2 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

It is a basic thing that happens to teenadgers, being worried about the future, whether to fail or not.

It is not a basic thing for a teenager to not sleep (well, not sleep to the degree you appear to be experiencing) and needing pills to do so :)

What about physical exercise? Do you get a good workout every day?

Edited by Camacha

Just now, cratercracker said:

Sure i get tired after swimming for 2 hours. Not everyday though :).

I understand that. You do not do anything physical the other days? Cycling to school? A brisk walk? That tends to make a huge difference for me. Without physical exhaustion, my body can be antsy, even though I am mentally tired, making for restless nights.

Nice to know there are people awake with me at 3am when I post this.

My sleep pattern has been extra royally borked as I get to bed closer to 4am. Eventually it'll just keep creeping later and later until I don't sleep anymore at this rate :| . 

Ah well. 

Just now, Camacha said:

I understand that. You do not do anything physical the other days? Cycling to school? A brisk walk? That tends to make a huge difference for me. Without physical exhaustion, my body can be antsy, even though I am mentally tired, making for restless nights.

I do remember doing exercise everyday, attempting getting tired, but that didn't help quite much.

I am quite tall  (1.78 m) for my age, it ives me pain in the bones and sometimes in the heart.

1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Nice to know there are people awake with me at 3am when I post this.

My sleep pattern has been extra royally borked as I get to bed closer to 4am. Eventually it'll just keep creeping later and later until I don't sleep anymore at this rate :| . 

Ah well. 

Welcome to the club! :sticktongue:

Welcome to the club! :sticktongue:

We need to get on discord,Skype or something so we can talk :P if we're up we ought to talk! I'm lonely!

I want to ask for some life advise too but then I remember the past few times I did... yeah please no advise. I want you all to like me as a person.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.