Can't update the game

Hi, I can't seem to update the game anymore. So a few weeks ago, I went into the patcher and updated the game from 1.0 to 1.1 (even though 1.0 came out like two years ago, but anyway). I played around with the 'new' parts added since 1.0.2, and really enjoyed the HECS 2 and the Mk3 shuttle engines, and the new mk1 cockpit (why isn't there an 'old' mk1 cockpit and the 'new' one though so I can still use it? But again, getting off topic). So after playing with the new parts, I then went into the patcher again and tried to update it from 1.1 to 1.2. Then, it just stopped. It said 'patcher.exe has stopped working'. Since I have been accustomed to this (whenever I click or press a button on my keyboard when a craft is loading or the game's loading it just comes up with the 'ksp.exe has stopped working', but then it just goes away and it loads and everything's fine).

But, every time I click on 'update' to update it from 1.1 to 1.2, it comes up with the 'patcher.exe has stopped working'. And then the launcher closes. I have a theory: Could a mod be causing the patcher to not update the game? Or is this just a bug, glitch or is it something to do with my version of the game (I have a clean install, payed for the game, didn't get a pirated version or something from a sketchy website or whatever). Because this is frustrating when there are so many cool features in 1.2 but I'm prevented by a simple 'has stopped working' error. ;.;

Yeah, thanks for that, but I would also like some help as to why when I click on the 'Update' button, the 'Patcher.exe has stopped working' message appears, and the launcher just closes. Is that because of the patcher being unsupported now? Or is it just a glitch or bug.

On 02/05/2017 at 11:40 PM, KerbalManiac said:

Yeah, thanks for that, but I would also like some help as to why when I click on the 'Update' button, the 'Patcher.exe has stopped working' message appears, and the launcher just closes. Is that because of the patcher being unsupported now? Or is it just a glitch or bug.

Aye. As mentioned in the thread you've linked, the old patcher is no longer supported, and doesn't work.

On 03/05/2017 at 11:42 PM, KerbalManiac said:

Also, can this topic be moved to the Common issues, the Launch/Patcher, Command Line Arguments, and why KSP won't start on macOS. topic? Because I think that it's related to the patcher issues.

Well. This thread could certainly do with a link to that topic, which you've just handily provided!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.