Re-colouring stock engines: Stuck on Goliath engine

Recently I succeeded in adding some colour bands to the stock engine textures, so one can tell an oxidizer-using jet engine separate from a liquid fuel-using one. Simple stuff; just colourize certain bits and add the texture line to any MODEL configs to replace the stock texture with the edited one.

The "Jet Engines.dds" texture is giving me trouble with the Goliath engine. First, the original file name has a space in it, so I'm surprised this even works at all: (Note: Module Manager syntax)

@MODEL
{
	%texture = Jet Engines, [path]/JetEnginesOx
}

For all Mk1 jet engines in Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines, this seems to work. For the Goliath analogue, I'm getting an NRE telling me it can't find any reference to an object. The game loads but the part fails to load because of the missing texture. That's interesting in itself because the first time I saw a texture failure I could still get a translucent outline of a part.

I'm editing the texture in GIMP, saving the images with DXT5 compression and having it create mipmaps for me. When I go through the Module Manager database afterward, I can find the modded part and verify that the edits I made are correct. The resulting DDS files have the same size and apparent characteristics of the originals.

All of the parts in Squad/parts/engine/jetEngines use the same single "Jet Engines.dds" texture file. All of my modded parts from there should use the same edited texture.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.