What would you rate KSP?

Shadow Wolf56

Kerbal: 2/10 (The game definitely has them, but it's too deep in the "LOLKerbalsIsDumb" crap.  Further, they don't really do anything.)

Space: 10/10 (Yes.  It has this.  Plenty of it in a way that works.)

Program: 5/10 (It's kind of there, but it's really lacking a coherent "program" aspect, rather than just "a series of things".)

Edited by razark

I'd give it a 10/10 if it didn't have these performance issues and some other issues like the joystick support etc. Talking about a pure stock game here. I feel the performance was better on 1.1 (especially some of the pre-release builds back then had me launching 800 part ships at almost real time) nowadays the performance is worse again for me.

So lets say a 8/10, with potential to become a 10/10

I don't know. I love the game, but there are too many things that should be dealbreakers: poor optimization which loads all textures in system ram, the lack of proper planning tools like KAC, Astrogator or KER, the outdated graphics (which, to add insult to injury, are a resource hog). A finished game should work out of the box, and you can't send a fleet to Jool without mods (or you can, but you'll be relaying in external tools, too much eyeballing and replacing KAC with pen and paper)

Easy 10/10 even with it's quirks and idiosyncrasies....which I consider part of the fun.  

Actually, 11/10 due to the awesome moders and community we have here....the amount of time I have spent 'tweaking' is incontheivable!  

every-time-i-hear-the-word-inconceivable

Edited by Red Stapler

Overall game concept - 10/10. Semi realistic space game with build your own spaceships and little green aliens to fly them. What's not to love.

Sandbox - 7.5/10. Great freeform game based on the above concept - win! Could really use some new sand for the box, the graphics look rather dated and some of the game mechanics still have a distinctly placeholder feel to them.

Structured gameplay. 4/10. Tries hard to be all things to all players and ends up being simplistic and bland. Only really saved by the excellent overall game concept.

Edited by KSK

The idea: 10/10

The looks: 5/10 (blame inconsistent KSC tiers and rocket parts)

The gameplay: 4/10 (would be higher but career mode and lack of basic info happened)

I shouldn't rate the way the game's development is handled, because I have never developed a game, but I will just say I wish they did some other things instead of doing what they are doing.

Overall: great concept but still isn't finished even though it has the "1.0" tag.

Edited by Veeltch

Sandbox: 8/10

Science mode: 6.5/10 science feels way too grindy with no sense of accomplishment. Needs meaningful experiments.

Career mode: negative10/10 way way way too poorly done. Illogical techtree progression, illogical contracts, absolutely no coherence to it with no incentive to play it after the novelty burns off.

Graphics: 5/10 once they implement porkjets unified beauty pass or do one of their own and bring the graphics out of 2012 to 2017 i will up to a 10/10.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.