TORY Nuclear Ramjet Engine Flameout?

Hey :)

Did I miss some change regarding the TORY Nuclear Ramjet Engine from the KSP Interstellar Pack?

I remember some KSP versions ago, you just put them on and they were good to go. But now in 1.2.2 with the latest KSPI, I can't seem to get them working. They say "Prop. Requirement Met: 0.00%" (Propellant = Atmospheric). But I have plenty of Air Intakes and two Engine Nacelles. Even put some Radiators on to satisfy the KSPI Heat Management. And when I throttle them up, they go from "Status: Off" to "Status: Nominal" for ~2 sec and then to "Status: Flame-Out!" "Cause: Air combustion failed".

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

ZIwLjwm.png

You might want to ask this in the mod thread. Gameplay Questions is more for questions about how to play KSP as a whole, and not about very specific details of individual mods. As a result of this, it's not guaranteed that someone who actually has the knowledge necessary to answer this will see your thread before it gets lost in the backlog.

With that many mods, anything goes!

You could try to stick a SRB onto it though- might be a spee...

Oh wait, how far down the tech tree are you? At the higher levels, parts get upgrades and those are on by default in sandbox mode.

-W. Kerman

I appear to be having this issue as well now, did anyone determine the cause? Nevermind, solution is simple folks: 20 m/s start speed required on runway before ramjet intakes kick in for initial ramjet.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• 3 weeks later...
On 7.5.2017 at 8:39 PM, Maelstrom Vortex said:

I appear to be having this issue as well now, did anyone determine the cause? Nevermind, solution is simple folks: 20 m/s start speed required on runway before ramjet intakes kick in for initial ramjet.

True. Tried that. Works. Thanks for the hint. :D

But it already kicks in at 2m/s.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm actually having a very similar problem with the TORY Nuclear Ramjet Engine: I'm unable to get it working, it always states: Flame out! and Air-combustion failed. On top of this, I can't change the fuel/propellant that is used, neither in VAB/SPH nor on the runway/launchpad. Also there is no difference between no relative speed and speeds exceeding 20m/s. I tried it in sandbox-mode only with a MK1 pod an 2 Radiator Panles (Large) and it worked just fine on atmospher, hydrogen and liquid fuel as propellant. Why not in career-mode? What do I miss?

Here is also a list of all mods installed/managed with ckan:

• Community Category Kit
  • Community Resource Pack
  • Community Tech Tree
  • Easy Vessel Switch (EVS)
  • Filter Extension - Plugin
  • Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch Core
  • Kerbal Attachment System
  • Kerbal Engineer Redux
  • Kerbal Inventory System
  • Kerbal Planetary Base Systems
  • KSP Interstellar Extended
  • MechJeb 2
  • Module Manager
  • TwakScale - Rescale Everyhing!
  • Universal Storage

I just unlocked the Nuclear Propulsion after both requirements (Heavier Rocketry and Advanced Fuelsystems) were met.

Maybe someone can help with that.

Geestbiker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.