Refuel Craft Needed

Ok here is a first for me, I am looking for a refuel craft and guessing this is the best place to ask sense we will be exchanging craft here. I modified my Space Tech Craft and arriving at my Omega 7 Space Station with about 5,000 Liquid Fuel and 6,000 Oxidizer with each trip. The Station is sitting at an altitude of about 205,000 M. I still need plenty of fuel and would like to reduce my trips. If anyone has a craft that could possibly reduce my trips please share it with me here or if you know someone that may have what I am looking for let me know. Keep in mind this craft must be able to dock with a Clamp O Tron or anything that will adapt to it. Also would like it in Version 1.2.2 all stock please if possible.

Note: Version 1.3 craft will be ok also

Edited by Castille7
Added Note: Version 1.3 craft will be ok also

On 5/3/2017 at 10:58 PM, Marschig said:

Maybe, this?

I don't see any controls that will allow me to dock with another craft, I only see docking ports, I would prefer a ready to go craft and launcher. Thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Castille7

I have some heavy lift SSTOs, one of which can put 100t into orbit, you might have to get a wee bit creative with getting payloads to 200km as they are rated for 100km at best.  check out my KerbalX page in my sig if you are interested.

Look on kerbalx.com

28 minutes ago, Castille7 said:

I don't see any controls that will allow me to dock with another craft, I only see docking ports, I would prefer a ready to go craft and launcher. Thank you for suggestion.

Ummm, you use docking ports to dock.  What do you need beyond docking ports? 

1 hour ago, Thor Wotansen said:

I have some heavy lift SSTOs, one of which can put 100t into orbit, you might have to get a wee bit creative with getting payloads to 200km as they are rated for 100km at best.  check out my KerbalX page in my sig if you are interested.

I was just looking at the craft I am using now with the amount of fuel I am arriving with and it's near 100t, I should have mentioned this in the OP. So I guess I would be looking for something to double this or better than double and not sure if this is even doable.

Just now, Castille7 said:

I was just looking at the craft I am using now with the amount of fuel I am arriving with and it's near 100t, I should have mentioned this in the OP. So I guess I would be looking for something to double this or better than double and not sure if this is even doable.

So you want a single launch 200t fuel payload?  I'll see what I can cook up today.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look on kerbalx.com

I can make an adapter if you have something that will meet the specs I've been giving.

So you want a single launch 200t fuel payload?  I'll see what I can cook up today.

Yes this would be the ticket!.........controllable and the ability to dock with the Station

The more I am thinking about this, I could bring the Station into a lower Orbit now that I have some fuel to do it, this will help but I like the higher time warp speeds. I am thinking about 125m?

Edited by Castille7

Here is the big picture

I am now at this Obrit, and currently have 25,000 LF and 22,000 Ox, Omega 7 can hold 128,000 Ox and 105,000 LF. I don't know if I will completely fuel up before attempting to go into an Orbit at Duna or not. I would like suggestions on where to Obrit as a Midway Fuel Station to Eeloo. I would also like to have a shuttle craft with the ability to land on a planet or moon, drill for Ore and refuel the Station as needed so whatever planet or moon it will Orbit it will need to have Ore. This is the goal for now.

J8DQR6S.png

I have a prototype, it may make a good outsized cargo lifter as well.

J9nGkft.png

Man this will be really cool doing this SSTO style! I've been launching from the pad.

Edited by Castille7

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look on kerbalx.com

I mostly use Thruster Blocks and Vernor Engines when docking in space, there are a few Engines to choose from but these have been my favorites at the moment

23 minutes ago, Castille7 said:

I am now at this Obrit, and currently have 25,000 LF and 22,000 Ox, Omega 7 can hold 128,000 Ox and 105,000 LF.

You need an E-class asteroid to refuel this. It will be easier than build any craft.

9 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

Presenting the Borr ultra-heavy lift SSTO.  Capable of carrying 12960 liquid fuel and 15840 oxidizer to orbit as payload or hauling a similar weight of cargo slung between the fuselages, this mighty machine is a must have for any space program with plus sized ambitions.

Fep3uo8.png

KerbalX link

Thanks man! going make a few refuel missions with it now, I will let you know how it goes.

I have to admit I took a few practice runs but hey it's looking great! I am usually not too good a pilot when it comes to an SSTO. Right now I am in a close Orbit with the Station and I still have 21,000 LF and 10,000 Ox. I will give more updates when I can.

I use to do Burn Outs with my car and now I do it with Space Craft :cool:

OjlTC6t.png

Caught the Mun on the Horizon! :cool:

ptAgm8n.png

Borr in Orbit with Omega 7
You can get your Borr SSTO Here!

yk6vAq9.png

The First Fuel Run with the Borr

@Thor Wotansen I knew before takeoff that this would be a radical docking with the Station and decided not to modify your craft. As I said in the OP I was arriving with about 5,000 LF and was looking for double or better and I just arrived with 3x the LF, last I remember was 16,000 LF Wow very impressive Mr. Thor Wotansen! and done with an SSTO another Wow! I wasted lots of Ox and I think the LF amount could be even higher after making better rendezvous. Thanks again for your time answering the request, this Borr Craft foots the bill!

Coming Down on Omega 7

KqbQIzg.png 

The lighting wasn't good, I might modify the Station, lights on the craft would be nice too

B9ITGLj.png

Qh1oi3x.png

gUugu24.png

The Borr looks huge docked to the Station!

8VCQggm.png

Special Note: If anyone else would like to meet this challenge I will gladly do this again for your craft, but please meet all the requirements and test your craft as Mr. Thor Wotansen did.

Edited by Castille7

@Castille7 thanks man, that looks really good on your station.  I honestly didn't think of adding lights, I was trying not to get too crazy with the part count, and all the light sources tend to lag the game out more as well.  I also want to thank you for the challenge, I really enjoy designing things for specific roles and if you ever have another interesting engineering challenge hit me up.  :)

9 hours ago, Thor Wotansen said:

@Castille7 thanks man, that looks really good on your station.  I honestly didn't think of adding lights, I was trying not to get too crazy with the part count, and all the light sources tend to lag the game out more as well.  I also want to thank you for the challenge, I really enjoy designing things for specific roles and if you ever have another interesting engineering challenge hit me up.  :)

Your welcome, I do like challenges and designing for specific roles too. The next challenge might be that shuttle craft I mentioned, if I am not satisfied with the one I build I will come knocking on your door :D although this will be a long time from now, I have a lot of projects I would like to finish, this one is a long term project that I go back to periodically when I get burned out from designing and constructing other projects.

This was fun and I will add more up dates on this refueling at a later date, thanks again!

@Castille7 I got bored so I made this.  It can SSTO from any planetary body but Eve (and Jool, duh) and has all the ISRU gear to refuel.  If you want to use it in a refueling operation then Tylo isn't the best place, but what the hell, it can do it so...    It has about 4,100m/s delta V and due to it's rather blunt shape needs almost all of that to reach LKO, however it can be refueled and sent somewhere.  In it's current configuration it has no crew but on retrospection I might add space for 2 crew so you can get the engineer boost.

auKNdxq.png

I haven't named it yet, but if you want it I can give it a name and upload it.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:59 AM, Thor Wotansen said:

@Castille7 I got bored so I made this.  It can SSTO from any planetary body but Eve (and Jool, duh) and has all the ISRU gear to refuel.  If you want to use it in a refueling operation then Tylo isn't the best place, but what the hell, it can do it so...    It has about 4,100m/s delta V and due to it's rather blunt shape needs almost all of that to reach LKO, however it can be refueled and sent somewhere.  In it's current configuration it has no crew but on retrospection I might add space for 2 crew so you can get the engineer boost.

auKNdxq.png

I haven't named it yet, but if you want it I can give it a name and upload it.

It seems this forum was glitchin' yesterday, I didn't get this and @klond sent something also that didn't come through. I like this craft, I just started a little experimentation with your Borr craft sense more fuel is never enough....haha starting to sound like the wife...haha. The first attempt didn't go well, I released the extra fuel (Jumbo Orange Tanks) and it broke the center of the craft away and the coupler was gone. I noticed that Clamp O Tron could use some aerodynamics, I'll make that change next trip.

I noticed I could use the Borr to get this craft you made here to Omega 7 before heading out. I have enough Docking Ports to bring a few craft along haha.

After this trip it's back to Bridge Building for a while!

OswCRoW.png

MpSl6Vs.png

9ZxVj9t.png

I was just checking the TWR on this and it's only improved .10 which is not enough to keep this change. I will send your craft up next

Edited by Castille7

25 minutes ago, Thor Wotansen said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.  Are you trying to get to orbit with more fuel? 

yes just tinkering around with it, your craft as is has plenty enough fuel going to the Station. This is why I needed help I don't do well with TWR stuff!....haha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.