[1.2.2] Quarter Sized Real Solar System (2.5x Stock Scale) Version 1.0

pap1723

10 hours ago, MattMarquo said:

Hello again! I'm looking forward more than ever to using this mod here, but I just can't seem to get it to install correctly. I've extracted it just as I normally would any other mod to the GameData folder, booted up the game, but no dice. Any advice? I'm running KSP 1.3.

Thanks in advance for any help! excited to be enjoying one of your mods again!

Hello @MattMarquo,

This is not released for 1.3 yet. That being said, you should be able to use it in 1.3 with the new Kopernicus and MFI, but you will have to download them separately and I have not tested it to see if it works. A 1.3 release will be out Soon™

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JedTech said:

Just had to stop in an let you know how much I am enjoying QSRSS! It's the perfect size balance for stock and stock-a-like part mods.
I'm using Blue Dog Design parts with Historical Progression Contract Pack and it has revived KSP for me. Much Thanks!

Thank you @JedTech! I am really glad that you are enjoying it!

• 3 weeks later...

Its a lovely mod indeed, thanks for the great work @pap1723 I enjoy it a lot.

One small tiny request: would it be possible to get a config for stock inclinations? Maybe like they did for the SSRSS mod (keep RSS inclinations for moons but put the planets in stock inclinations?

38 minutes ago, Dafni said:

Its a lovely mod indeed, thanks for the great work @pap1723 I enjoy it a lot.

One small tiny request: would it be possible to get a config for stock inclinations? Maybe like they did for the SSRSS mod (keep RSS inclinations for moons but put the planets in stock inclinations?

You should be able to just use the one out of SSRSS

• 4 weeks later...

Was playing this with a historical campaign until I went out to other planets beyond earth and moon and found out they had no textures...

removed all my mods and did a fresh install of only quartersizeRSS and the issue still persists... on top of that I have no stars and pitch black sky until I escape the atmosphere...

Strange...

running KSP 1.3, and kopernicus 1.3.0-4

15 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

I've just installed the mod, everything is nice so far, but the third rock from the Sun (it alone) is still named Kerbin...

This is due to a change in ksp in 1.3 and it's implementation of localization. This mod has not been updated yet, and does not make the changes necessary to show the correct name. You can go back to 1.2.2 or wait for an update until then or make the changes in the kopernicus cfg.

@pap1723 Can you please update this mod in order to support Principia and landing on another moons/planets? 

I've tried doing what the guys did for RO issue #111 (https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/issues/111) and raised the timewarp altitude limits to 20000 or 30000 but the issue still persists :(

Thank you.

update: it seems that moon.cfg timewarp change is not taken into account, I can timewarp until impact, what else should I modify? 

update2: after some more tests I found the culprit - "time control" mod. Everything is working :)

update 3: it seems that even if I can land on a surface, time warping once I'm landed teleport the base all around the place.

Edited by Cristi
update

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

In theory drop in replacing this mod for the generic 2.5x kerbin system mod I currently use should work with no problems? Back up my save first of course.

Not really, all ships currently in flight have the potential to teleport to different planets. But if you're asking if 2.5 Kerbin launch vehicles work in 1/4 RSS then the answer is yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just downloaded this mod but after some hours of playing carreer mode I've noticed an issue: all the planets and moons, except for Earth and Moon, looks like a strange striped ball.

(screenshot below)

Spoiler

CURqUtQ.png

Any way to fix this? I tried to install both 2048 and 4096 textures, but nothing changed :(

17 hours ago, Telescopiaro said:

Hi, I just downloaded this mod but after some hours of playing carreer mode I've noticed an issue: all the planets and moons, except for Earth and Moon, looks like a strange striped ball.

(screenshot below)

Reveal hidden contents

CURqUtQ.png

Any way to fix this? I tried to install both 2048 and 4096 textures, but nothing changed :(

This is due to you playing on a Mac or Linux machine and all of the textures for this mod are in a PluginData folder. Remove the textures to another folder (you can name it anything) and fix the paths to the textures in the planet cfgs. Or you can convert all of the textures to PNGs and changes the extensions in the texture paths in the cfgs.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.