Formula One Car (Mercedes Benz W08 Hybrid)

Hello fellow Kerbonauts :)

today i want to show you guys my stock Formula One Car. I have found a couple of stock KSP F1 cars on the internet but i wasn't quit happy so i attempted to build one myself. This is what i came up with.

My Car is a replica of the 2016 Mercedes Benz F1 Car which won the Drivers-and Constructors World Championsship with the drivers Rosberg (WDC) and Hamilton.

My version is 5.9m long, 1.7m high and 2.6m wide. It has a docking port on the back end, so you can dock it to spaceshis. I tried to get it as close to the real W08 size as possible. It weights 3.699 tons. Thats actually a lot more than the original :P ). In the on KerbalX uploaded version i added a Mk1 Command Pod to the rear docking port, so the size and mass data looks different in the download version.

Technically it has eight-wheel-drive. I added extra wheels to make them look thicker, and more F1-like. Electric Power is provided by a radioisotope generator (no solar panels). It has fuel celles, but only for optic purposes. The car has liquid fuel tanks but I left them empty for weight purposses. You can obviously fill them up and use the fuel sells too. It is the most stable an manouverable rover i have ever built in KSP (Eight Wheels i guess). The way the spoilers are addes i think it provides downforce too. It is safely drivable on the Mun also. Though, the spoilers obviously don’t provide any downforce there.

If you wan to download it, heres a link:https://kerbalx.com/SpaceTrashCan/Formula-One-Car

And here are some photos:

5c11c5-1493925530.jpg254cb6-1493926952.jpg

3e0263-1493927034.jpg a671ef-1493927129.jpg

c32cf0-1493927078.jpgd88a35-1493927217.jpg

2 hours ago, TheDARKOMETER said:

Have you considered adding rockets to it? If not, then that's blasphemy!

Rockets? I've started putting Juno's on every car a while back. Much more fun (and better range).

@SpaceTrashCan, I'd also put a Boost Flap on it. It cuts the thrust of the Juno's while braking and keeps the Juno's running at full speed to prevent "turbo lag". Download my Charger to see how it works. https://kerbalx.com/Azimech/77I--1969-Charger-RT-31

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.