MaErDa Extension Dev Page

horace

9 hours ago, minepagan said:

Don't forget to include a license and source code lest you get shut down by mods

Also, obligatory "no pics no clicks"

Thanks for the advice ! He's new on modding but he learn pretty fast!

Here the 1st mistake you made.

18362041_759256537612568_1142231880_o.jp

9 hours ago, Warsoul said:

Thanks for the advice ! He's new on modding but he learn pretty fast!

[snipped]

It's not just advice, if he doesn't add a license and source code he'll be in violation of the forum rules. Don't want a conflict with the mods.

For now; i have only one Level for each tech nodes so consider (Z) has 1

18318729_759314387606783_1569231797_o.jp

40 minutes ago, minepagan said:

It's not just advice, if he doesn't add a license and source code he'll be in violation of the forum rules. Don't want a conflict with the mods.

Consider is all rights reserved please. I think moderators will be kindly with kids who learn how to mod KSP.

He prolly won't put any license there without asking me wich one to input there. My fault, i forgot to mention this.

Edited by Warsoul

Oups you are right ! I pointed the wrong parameters ! (Thank you to point it out Cobalt !)

TechRequired = fuelSystems

This is the parameter i wish pointing.

category must be :

category = Control

for a SAS, it will be easier to find than an big list of fueltanks

But for now you know how to :

1. Setup Unity.
  2. Create a unity project.
  3. Install the Parttools.
  4. Importing new models and textures
  5. Create a Material with a KSP Emissive/Bumped/Specular shader
  6. Create a new part un Unity
  7. Adding him the Parttools script
  8. Adding mesh collider with concave option On
  9. Create References Nodes inside Unity
  10. Setup Names and Path correctly
  11. Export from Unity to KsP
  12. Copy an existing XXXX.cfg file from Squad
  13. Rename and Modify  an XXXXX.cfg
  14. Test ingame and refresh gaming assets via alt+f12 console.
  15. Balance stats

Still have somes mistakes but for a 1st mod doing in a hurry; it's pretty decent.

CongratZ !

Once you will masterize these steps; i will teach you basics for Blender. But i think CobaltWolf will be a better tutor for Blender than me. Has i'm using mainly Zbrush 4r7 for modeling and deploy UV in Blender; my Blender Skillz are limited for the modeling part in it. Still can show you but i will not the perfect suited person for this task

Edited by Warsoul

I wiil let you find all theses errors and resubmit me the final results on my MaErDa Facebook Page.

Here you are submited by severes rules wich limit your freedom to learn on a easiest and more freely way we can do on facebook.

Forums have rules to maintain an certain order and decorum. Has you saw by not licensing your mod you infrindging somes rules and cause you somes obstacles.

They are so much rules on thees forums theses dayz :wink: I'm kidding but .... has an free person from Canada ...... i had less problems with police and criminals than the rules of KSP forums. And i'm talking of Hells Angels ! Here ! That's funny has hell :wink:

I have to warn you Horrace; we can't roleplay on the forum of Kerbal Space Program ! (This one; i pee in my shorth) This is highly illegal. So you are warned.

You can't openly cooperate with someone in fictionnal way too. So watch what you do on Ksp forum. Go through facebook the most possible and post only public stuff on forum.

I know it's weird but it appear the Ksp forum was victim of a big Corporations war has i heard.

MaErDa Corp is a pacifist corporation who use Nuke only for a scientific purpose !

Edited by Warsoul

1 hour ago, Warsoul said:

I wiil let you find all theses errors and resubmit me the final results on my MaErDa Facebook Page. Here you are submited by severes rules wich limit your freedom to learn on a easiest and more freely way we can do on facebook. Forums have rules to maintain an certain order and decorum.

Now i know why Mexicans flee to USA and Canada :wink: They are so much rules on thees forums theses dayz :wink: I'm kidding but .... has an free person from Canada ...... i had less problems with police and criminals than the rules of KSP forums. And i'm talking of Hells Angels ! Here ! That's funny has hell :wink:

I have to warn you Horrace; we can't roleplay on the forum of Kerbal Space Program ! (This one; i pee in my shorth) This is highly illegal. So you are warned.

You can't openly cooperate with someone too. So watch what you do on Ksp forum. Go through facebook the most possible and post only public stuff on forum.

I know it's weird but it appear the Ksp forum was victim of a big Corporations war has i heard.

MaErDa Corp is a pacific corporation who use Nuke only for a scientific purpose !

Ummmmmmmmmm....lemme split this into chunks.

Here you are submited by severes rules wich limit your freedom to learn on a easiest and more freely way we can do on facebook.

What? I mean, you can't use profanity, you have to stay on topic in a thread, you can't spam, and you have to (for legal reasons) post certain things along with your mods. How does this hinder learning?

Now i know why Mexicans flee to USA and Canada :wink:

Do you want to get banned? Because that's how you get banned.

Not going to go off-topic and explain the truth, but needless to say it's not because of the rules on some internet forum.

i had less problems with police and criminals than the rules of KSP forums.

Well, (a) you live in Canada and (b) probably because you regularly either disregard or don't read the rules, and you repeatedly start fights with people.

Where does it say this?

There are plenty of people who do this. Take this guy, for example:

He regularly posts on the forums and *he* roleplays!

Or what about Project A.R.E.S.? Or all the fanfictions? Or the people who do the BAD-T tournament?

You can't openly cooperate with someone too. So watch what you do on Ksp forum. Go through facebook the most possible and post only public stuff on forum.

Uh....

This mod is made by a collaboration of people....

So is a mod I help with, below:

lolwut?

MaErDa Corp is a pacific corporation

What, are you guys based out of Hawaii? (EDIT: Apparently, when not capitalized, pacific does indeed mean pacifist. Sorry ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Edited by minepagan
English Lessons (for me!)

Ah ah ! 

I was joking !

I got warned for roleplaying and openly cooperating with others of KsP forum that's why i was joking on this and by the way warned the newcomer.

We can't say mexicans in a joke without being banned ? ( Okay maybe my freedom of humour is different froms yours, in Canada we can do that kind of humour without offensing anybodies. I apologize if i offended someone, it was not my intentions.) (Canadian dark humour that's it !)

There the rules on roleplaying :

2.2 Forbidden content
Messages that involve the following content will result in moderator action.
  1. Discussing or facilitating copyright infringement or software theft (software piracy);
  2. Political, ideological or religious posts unrelated to Spaceflight, or of a nature deemed likely to result in behavior banned under rule 2.2D;
  3. Content unsuitable for children, e.g. nudity, sexually suggestive or explicit images, excessive violence, gore and recreational drugs;
  4. Insults and threats, stalking, bullying or any other behavior construed to be of a potentially rude, slanderous, accusatory, combative or otherwise harassing nature to/of another person;
  5. Any discriminatory (racist, sexist, etc.) language, actions or iconography, with or without historical context;
  6. Disclosure of private conversations without the consent of all parties;
  7. Use of vulgarity, profanity, parts thereof (S***) and any technique that bypasses the language filter to post vulgar or profane content;
  8. Content with no proof of concept or factual basis (e.g. "free energy" machines), conspiratorial and lacking evidence (e.g. flat Earth, Moon hoax), denial of historic events (e.g. Holocaust);
  9. Self promotional posts or that promote a 3rd party for profit, monetization other than optional donation (adf.ly etc) and advertising products or services without prior approval;
  10. Roleplay, e.g. acting as a Kerbal, creating fictional organizational hierarchy amongst users and/or interactions of fictitious entities of an oppositional nature;
  11. Impersonating members of staff. This includes using a nickname or profile photo that resembles theirs;
  12. Any variation on the type of message that is used to needlessly bump threads, raise ones own account visibility and/or increase post count;
  13. Flamebaiting, trolling or any other messages made for the purpose of stirring up and otherwise getting a rise from users;
  14. Changing the subject of conversation in a thread without a natural tie to the topic at hand; and
  15. Demanding or pressuring for release dates or updates from Squad or content creators.
  16. Reposting closed or removed content without moderator consent.

Edited by Warsoul

2 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

Roleplay, e.g. acting as a Kerbal, creating fictional organizational hierarchy amongst users and/or interactions of fictitious entities of an oppositional nature;

This is most likely for legal reasons, same as requiring licenses and whatnot.

You can collaborate, but you cannot claim to be a buisness or whatever (although I've never seen that be enforced).

You can collaborate but not openly; you must done this in private has moderator suggested me.

We can't openly create and use fictionnal entities to create an fictionnal organisation who organise themselve on the forum.

Or Maybe i'm wrong but i got warned to doing this with my Slaves Recruiting Center thread .

Edited by Warsoul

10 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

We can't say mexicans in a joke without being banned ? ( Okay maybe my freedom of humour is different froms yours, in Canada we can do that kind of humour without offensing anybodies. I apologize if i offended someone, it was not my intentions.) (Canadian dark humour that's it !)

Nah man I'm not offended (despite myself being half hispanic). But some people are, and it doesn't help that the joke was also about a very sensitive topic. It helps to just steer away from that type of humor on public forums, to avoid arguments and whatnot.

4 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

You can collaborate but not openly; you must done this in private has moderator suggested me.

We can't openly create and use fictionnal entities to create an fictionnal organisation who organise themselve on the forum.

Or Maybe i'm wrong.

You can't make an "organization" as in "im da CEO and u my minion"

But you can collaborate on things and designate people to be "in charge"

(I think this is meant to prevent "clans" and such from forming, at least on the forum)

Edit: you can't openly collab? Wat? As I posted earlier, a lot of mods do that....I think you may have misunderstood whoever PM'd you.

Edited by minepagan

1 hour ago, minepagan said:

You can't make an "organization" as in "im da CEO and u my minion"

But you can collaborate on things and designate people to be "in charge"

(I think this is meant to prevent "clans" and such from forming, at least on the forum)

Edit: you can't openly collab? Wat? As I posted earlier, a lot of mods do that....I think you may have misunderstood whoever PM'd you.

I must misunderstood on that point.

Being ''a minion'' or Being ''in charge''.

Maybe the hat do all the difference :wink:

Hey i won't dig like a slave ! 

You're not a slave; check your helmet ! It says Foreman.

Dig now !)

I understand the wont have any hierarchy there. (At least being publicly demonstrated)

That lead to be impossible to roleplaying for a fictionnal entity who offer contracts for modding parts and give prestiges, rewards(fictionnal) and better contracts.

This kind of stuff can't be made on KsP forum. A cool side of Kerbal we can't exploit and enjoy there.

That's why i got recommended to go outside KsP Forum Rules Regulation by using others social media.

That way; a newcomer can't do any misstep causing him troubles and bad reputation.

That way ; he can do what he want to experiment before he made his 1st impression on KsP forum and be judged by everyone by releasing unfinished, buggy parts, Sci-Fi looking and overpowered parts. 

We all do mistakes when we started modding KsP; making mistakes in private(Facebook) can causes less troubles than publicly(Forum). Maybe i'm wrong.

Edited by Warsoul

Use the Ksp-Emissive-Bumped/Specular shader for the updated textures of the Pressurized LFO Tank T1.

That will teach you how to use the most complex shader in KsP Parttools. (I think)

Color Map

18362316_759498304255058_968955918_o.jpg

Emissive Map

18362071_759498284255060_1529619551_o.jp

Normal Map

18318881_759498310921724_293100835_o.jpg

Edited by Warsoul

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.