Best way to find mods by the version of KSP they support?

Major SNAFU

HI all,

I am returning to this game and, for once, I was going to not use CKAN and pull all of the mods together manually.  But the Curse site doesn't allow to you sort the list of mods by version as far as I can see. 

So now I am a bit stuck.  I install the 1.22 64-bit KSP, but CKAN doens't seem to want to recognize the exe. (32-bit is fine). and I do not have the time or inclination to wade through the entire list of mods on Curse and manually determine if they are compatible with 1.22.

Is there no happy medium at all?  Or should I just install use the 32-bit KSP and CKAN (as I always have done) and be done with it.

You can install mods with CKAN but still launch KSP the regular way. Virtually all mods do not care if they're run with 32bit KSP or 64bit, so just point CKAN to your install directory, install your mods with it, and then launch the 64bit .exe yourself. You can also use SpaceDock to search for mods. I'm pretty sure SpaceDock has a way to search by compatible version but I can't find the list of ways to search off hand.

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

You can install mods with CKAN but still launch KSP the regular way. Virtually all mods do not care if they're run with 32bit KSP or 64bit, so just point CKAN to your install directory, install your mods with it, and then launch the 64bit .exe yourself. 

Yeah, as magico13 said I use 64bit KSP because I like to use A LOT  of mods and when I was modding manually, it always was a huge pain to update them manually. CKAN has been a huge life saver for updating.

As for finding compatible mods, I usually have my browser and CKAN running side by side, and search for mods on Curse/SpaceDock/the forum and when I find one, I then search on CKAN and install. I haven't ran into the problem of a mod that I was interested in NOT being on CKAN.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.