[Need Help] I keep doing this to myself (in regards to the Galileo Planet Pack)

I do what I like to call NASA syndrome. I'll try to summarize my 3 experiences with GPP

1. First time playing GPP, try to go for realistic progression as I always do. Land on Iota several times, land on Ceti several times, and then I prepare a manned flyby of Niven. Niven spacecraft is 3 months away, and I try to finish a tourist contract using the tourism + mod (I believe that's what it's called). I try to return them home from my 50 man station, detach the 10 meter inflatable heatshield too early, killing 25 tourists. Reload, all 3 reloads involve in me cheating in some way. Think to myself, "I should restart, and not cheat. Maybe this will be better.

2. Do the same thing. This time, I install the bases and stations contract pack. I make the foolish mistake of setting up 1 station around Ceti AND Iota. It's quite the long trip from Ceti, especially that half of the time, you end up orbiting the opposite direction, and have to spend 800+ dv to redirect your orbit. I also completely screwed over my entire playthrough, since i accepted the Icarus probes program, in which you need in excess of 15,000 dv just to land Icarus, due to it's extremely close orbit. Restart.

3. Everything goes flawless. I preform a manned flyby of Niven, and don't decide to set up any bases yet. I then get a huge sleuth of contracts regarding Gratian. If I were to succeed, I would earn 5 million funds. I construct two crafts, the orbiter, and the lander. I spend 4 days on planning and docking the 2 behemoths in orbit. In orbit, I have a 500 ton spacecraft, and I should be able to not only land, but return. I get into orbit just fine, and plan the landing. I land the 2 out of 3 crew on the side of a hill. Instead of accepting defeat, taking the 2.4 million funds from carrying a science lab, making the orbiter a station, landing and planting a flag, I turn on 0 gravity, and try to fly the thing to orbit once I turn off hack gravity when I'm upright. My calculations end up incorrect, and I miss orbit. I crash, losing 1 person, as I EVA'ed one of them. I call the mission a failure , and try to return the orbiter home. I run out of fuel, and being the bad sport I am, turn on Infinite fuel. EVEN THOUGH I had 8 years of life support left, and I could've sent a rescue craft to save it, I do it anyways. I don't feel anything close to content, and I go back to the stock KSP system.

Not even close to the Mun in my stock KSP system with OPM installed, I don't feel content, and want to start GPP again. This time, without research bodies (since you know, it felt tedious using most of my money to research planets very far away).

I need help. What should I do to improve my experience in GPP, when I know Gael's two moons better than the back of my hand? 

@Galileo I need you man. I'm not typically a sore loser in these games, but I also believe the limited KSP time on school nights hurts the enjoyment factor of sending a rescue mission leads me to just try to get the missions over with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.