Mods that still work

zachdogg

A couple of months ago, i was having so much trouble with KSP mods I took a break from the game completely. But I have the urge to get back into the game and was wondering which mods are still functional, and more importantly compatible. I mainly used mods for Colonization and interstellar travel and planet packs. How many of these still work together, I did a clean install so starting with a blank slate. I would say highest priority is a good multiple star planet pack, which is ideally compatible with OPM. I would assume USI is still the only working colonization mod but if there is any new ones I would love to check them out. and lowest priority is mods to actually get to the other star systems in a reasonable amount of time. I would love to hear your recommendations. Also is Hyperedit still working, it had problems in the past but it was always fun to place Kerbin right next to the sun

17 hours ago, zachdogg said:

A couple of months ago, i was having so much trouble with KSP mods I took a break from the game completely. ... I would assume USI is still the only working colonization mod but if there is any new ones I would love to check them out. 

How long were you away?!?  ;-)

For the last year and a half, there have been two major colonization mods - USI and Pathfinder.  Those are the two which combine gameplay mods with colonization parts.  USI remains the largest and most extensive, but Pathfinder is also very well-developed and has a lot to recommend it.

Additionally, there is Kerbalism, which can be combined with Kerbal Planetary Base System (listed compatible mod) to functionally equate to the two listed above.  Kerbalism has a number of cool items not found anywhere else - currently they have the only released radiation model, and they have a cool visualization of a planet's magnetic field (among other things), but it sidesteps/bypasses/co-opts/replaces a number of core game mechanics and tends to be rapidly developed, so major releases frequently will take a few days to get "stable" with a hotfix or two.

There's an amazing variety of mods now, and most of them play well with others.  If you *have* been away from them for more than 2 years, it's a vastly different landscape from back then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.